Subject: [core] #19: Clarification about PUT

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:55:05 -0000

#19: Clarification about PUT
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  trivial             |   Milestone:  coap-02           
Component:  coap                |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 A thread on the list discussed that the basic semantics of POST and PUT in
 CoAP should be the same as in RFC2616 as applicable to RESTful interfaces.
 After a review of Sections 2.3.2/2.3.3 in coap-01 and Sections 9.5/9.6 of
 RFC2616 I propose that just an editorial change is needed:

 Section 2.3.3 PUT

 Change "be updated with the enclosed body" to "be updated or created with
 the enclosed body"

 The current coap-01 might have given the wrong impression from the first
 sentence that PUT is only for updating an existing resource.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/19>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>