Subject: [core] Plugfest in Beijing

From: Zach Shelby <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:51:05 +0300

Hi,

I updated the CoRE Wiki about the upcoming plugfest in Beijing. 

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/wiki/PlugFest

The format will be similar to last time, we will have an all-day event on Sunday (time and room TBD) and then a shorter follow-up sometime during the week in the terminal room. The goal is to test all of the working group documents. This time we should plan some testing groups or stages for testers of certain features, with well-defined test setups. Like last time you will also be able to participate via IRC remotely.

The "CoAP test servers already on-line" part of the Wiki should list servers that are available already for testing before and during the event. Carsten's little CoAP server is up and running, and we will have the SENSEI server, gateway and resource directory up again later this week. If you have a CoAP server running on the Internet, please edit the Wiki and add the URL (or drop me an e-mail and I'll do it). 

Some notes about the specifications to be tested:

- We plan on testing draft-ietf-core-coap-03, which will be submitted by next Monday. The main changes will be the addition of the Token Option, which many have already implemented, along with some new error codes. 
- The CoRE Link Format is very close to that of coap-02, however there are quotes around more fields and the URL is now ./well-known/core. Please update accordingly.
- The Block Option (draft-ietf-core-block-00) and Subscription Option (draft-ietf-core-observe-00) are the same as were tested in the last interop by a few people. Now it would be great to test those more widely along with the Token Option considerations. 

Of course we are open to testing experimental features and ideas from individual drafts. How about CoAP over DTLS?

Welcome!
Zach

-- 
Zach Shelby, Chief Nerd, Sensinode Ltd.
http://zachshelby.org  - My blog "On the Internet of Things"
http://6lowpan.net - My book "6LoWPAN: The Wireless Embedded Internet"
Mobile: +358 40 7796297

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 12:18:46 -0400

Hi Zach/Carsten,

I'm able to access Carsten's server, however I am not able to access
Szymon's SENSEI Java server (coap://sensei-dev1.grid.pub.ro:61618).  I
am able to successfully ping it, however I'm not able to reach the 61618
UDP port.  The server is returning an ICMP "port is not reachable"
message.  

Just wondering if the server is indeed up and running.

Sincerely,

Akbar

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Zach Shelby
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:51 AM
To: core
Subject: [core] Plugfest in Beijing

Hi,

The format will be similar to last time, we will have an all-day event
on Sunday (time and room TBD) and then a shorter follow-up sometime
during the week in the terminal room. The goal is to test all of the
working group documents. This time we should plan some testing groups or
stages for testers of certain features, with well-defined test setups.
Like last time you will also be able to participate via IRC remotely.

The "CoAP test servers already on-line" part of the Wiki should list
servers that are available already for testing before and during the
event. Carsten's little CoAP server is up and running, and we will have
the SENSEI server, gateway and resource directory up again later this
week. If you have a CoAP server running on the Internet, please edit the
Wiki and add the URL (or drop me an e-mail and I'll do it). 

- We plan on testing draft-ietf-core-coap-03, which will be submitted by
next Monday. The main changes will be the addition of the Token Option,
which many have already implemented, along with some new error codes. 
- The CoRE Link Format is very close to that of coap-02, however there
are quotes around more fields and the URL is now ./well-known/core.
Please update accordingly.
- The Block Option (draft-ietf-core-block-00) and Subscription Option
(draft-ietf-core-observe-00) are the same as were tested in the last
interop by a few people. Now it would be great to test those more widely
along with the Token Option considerations. 

Of course we are open to testing experimental features and ideas from
individual drafts. How about CoAP over DTLS?

Welcome!
Zach

---

From: Zach Shelby <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 19:51:44 +0300

> Just wondering if the server is indeed up and running.

Our CoAP server, directory and gateway are not up and running right now - upgrading to the latest CoRE specs. I'll post to the list when they are.

Zach

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:08:55 -0400

Okay, thanks.

Akbar

-----Original Message-----
From: Zach Shelby [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 12:52 PM
To: Rahman, Akbar
Cc: [email-masked]; core
Subject: Re: [core] Plugfest in Beijing

> Just wondering if the server is indeed up and running.

Our CoAP server, directory and gateway are not up and running right now
- upgrading to the latest CoRE specs. I'll post to the list when they
are.

Zach

---

From: Olaf Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 11:59:27 +0200

Hi,

> Just wondering if the server is indeed up and running.

I have also re-started my server listening on coap-ietf.tzi.org:61680.

The code as well as a client to play with are also available from
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/libcoap/>.

Gruesse,
Olaf