Subject: [core] #174: Robust observation relationships

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 19:22:27 -0000

#174: Robust observation relationships

 Observe is a little bit too happy to drop an observation relationship at
 the slightest sign of trouble.

 There must be some way for a server to decide if the client is still
 there, and a way for a client to decide if the server is still sending
 notifications, without sending a ping every second.

 Solution: Some agreement on how long after the latest notification the
 client can be safely assume that the server will continue to send
 notifications, and the server can safely assume that the client is still
 interested.

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hartke@…               |       Owner:  hartke@…      
     Type:  protocol defect        |      Status:  new           
 Priority:  major                  |   Milestone:                
Component:  observe                |     Version:                
 Severity:  Submitted WG Document  |    Keywords:                
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/174>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>