Subject: Re: [core] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-core-observe-14: (with COMMENT)

From: Klaus Hartke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 15:54:08 +0200

Hi Kathleen,

thank you for your review and your suggestion.

Kathleen Moriarty wrote:
> I think it is worth adding a mention of Section 9 applying in addition to
> section 11 as a reference for security considerations in 7252.  This
> would only add a couple of words and make it clear that you've covered
> session encryption options with explanations of why each option exists
> and the risks.

I've added the following paragraph to the end of the security considerations:

   Resources can be observed over DTLS-secured CoAP using any of the
   security modes described in Section 9 of RFC 7252.  The use of DTLS
   is indicated by the "coaps" URI scheme.  All notifications resulting
   a GET request with an Observe Option MUST be returned within the same
   epoch of the same connection as the request.

Is this what you had in mind?

Klaus

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 12:59:09 -0400

Hi Klaus,

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 9:54 AM, Klaus Hartke <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Thank you, that looks great!

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen