Subject: Re: [core] draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-07 : Call for WG adoption

From: Abhijan Bhattacharyya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 11:15:10 +0530

Hello everyone,
We posted this call last month. We heard couple of 'Yes'  in support of 
the call. Thanks for that.
Are we in a position to consider the present draft for adoption prior we 
meet in the next meeting please?

Regards
Abhijan Bhattacharyya
Associate Consultant
Scientist, Innovation Lab, Kolkata, India
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: [email-masked]
Website: http://www.tcs.com
____________________________________________
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Consulting
____________________________________________

From:   Abhijan Bhattacharyya/KOL/TCS
To:     [email-masked]
Cc:     Soma Bandyopadhyay/KOL/TCS@TCS, Arpan Pal/KOL/TCS@TCS
Date:   08/06/2014 04:02 PM
Subject:        draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-07 : Call for WG 
adoption

Hi,
We have submitted a new version of the No-Response draft. Several 
editorial corrections have been made. The references have been updated and 
enhanced. A number for the option has been suggested for IANA 
consideration .
As there has been continuity of interest in the mailing list discussions 
and also during the last three WG meetings, may we now ask for the opinion 
of the Working Group on adoption of the draft please. 

Regards
Abhijan Bhattacharyya
Associate Consultant
Scientist, Innovation Lab, Kolkata, India
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: [email-masked]
Website: http://www.tcs.com
____________________________________________
Experience certainty. IT Services
Business Solutions
Consulting
____________________________________________

[email-masked] wrote: -----
To: Soma Bandyopadhyay <[email-masked]>, "Abhijan 
Bhattacharyya" <[email-masked]>, "Arpan Pal" 
<[email-masked]>, Arpan Pal <[email-masked]>, "Soma Bandyopadhyay" 
<[email-masked]>, Abhijan Bhattacharyya 
<[email-masked]>
From: [email-masked]
Date: 08/06/2014 03:44PM
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-07.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-07.txt
has been successfully submitted by Abhijan Bhattacharyya and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option
Revision: 07
Title: CoAP option for no server-response
Document date: 2014-08-05
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 18
URL:            
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-07.txt

Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option/
Htmlized:       
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-07
Diff:           
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-07

Abstract:
   There can be typical M2M scenarios where responses from the data
   sink to the data source against request from the source might be
   considered redundant. This kind of open-loop exchange (with no
   reverse path from the sink to the source) may be desired while
   updating resources in constrained systems looking for maximized
   throughput with minimized resource consumption. CoAP already
   provides a non-confirmable (NON) mode of exchange where the
   receiving end-point does not respond with ACK. However, the
   receiving end-point responds the sender with a status code
   indicating "the result of the attempt to understand and satisfy the
   request".

   This draft introduces a header option: 'No-Response' to suppress
   responses from the receiver and discusses exemplary use cases which
   motivated this proposition based on real experience. This option
   also provides granularity by allowing suppression of a typical class
   or a combination of classes of responses. This option may be
   effective for both unicast and multicast scenarios.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

=====-----=====-----=====
Notice: The information contained in this e-mail
message and/or attachments to it may contain 
confidential or privileged information. If you are 
not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, 
review, distribution, printing or copying of the 
information contained in this e-mail message 
and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If 
you have received this communication in error, 
please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and 
immediately and permanently delete the message 
and any attachments. Thank you