Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-07.txt

From: Bill Silverajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:06:10 +0200

Dear CoRE WG,

A new version of our draft on CoAP Communication with Alternative 
Transports has just been made available.

Compared to the previous version, this draft firstly tunes the usage 
scenarios a little to reflect current activity in this area.

The usage of "coap+<transport>" and "coaps+<transport>" as URI schemes 
are elaborated with examples, as suggested in 
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/msg05789.html

References are also updated.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions.

Regards,
Bill

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-07.txt
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 23:47:31 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Bilhanan Silverajan <[email-masked]>, Teemu Savolainen 
<[email-masked]>, "Teemu Savolainen" 
<[email-masked]>, "Bill Silverajan" <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, 
draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-07.txt
has been successfully submitted by Bilhanan Silverajan and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports
Revision:	07
Title:		CoAP Communication with Alternative Transports
Document date:	2014-12-17
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		19
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-07.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports/
Htmlized: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-07
Diff: 
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-07

Abstract:
    CoAP has been standardised as an application level REST-based
    protocol.  A single CoAP message is typically encapsulated and
    transmitted using UDP or DTLS as transports.  These transports are
    optimal solutions for CoAP use in IP-based constrained environments
    and nodes.  However compelling motivation exists for understanding
    how CoAP can operate with other transports, such as the need for M2M
    communication using non-IP networks, improved transport level end-to-
    end reliability and security, NAT and firewall traversal issues, and
    mechanisms possibly incurring a lower overhead to CoAP/HTTP
    translation gateways.  This draft examines the requirements for
    conveying CoAP messages to end points over such alternative
    transports.  It also provides a new URI format for representing CoAP
    resources over alternative transports.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat