Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-zotti-core-sleepy-nodes-04.txt

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 10:36:08 +0200

Hi all,

A new version of I-D, draft-zotti-core-sleepy-nodes-04.txt
has been successfully submitted and posted to the IETF repository.

Additions are:
- better description of roles of PubSub broker and sleepy node proxy
- improvements based on comments by Akbar including design motivations
- Nits and mistakes removed.

Greetings,

peter

Name:		draft-zotti-core-sleepy-nodes
Revision:	04
Title:		Sleepy CoAP Nodes
Document date:	2015-09-28
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		26
URL:            
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zotti-core-sleepy-nodes-04.txt
Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zotti-core-sleepy-nodes/
Htmlized:       
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zotti-core-sleepy-nodes-04
Diff:           
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zotti-core-sleepy-nodes-04

Abstract:
    Control networks rely on application protocols like CoAP to enable
    RESTful communications in constrained environments.  Many of these
    networks make use of "Sleepy Nodes": battery powered devices that
    switch off their (radio) interface during most of the time to
    conserve battery energy.  As a result of this, Sleepy Nodes cannot be
    reached most of the time.  This fact prevents using normal
    communication patterns as specified in the CoRE group, since the
    server-model is not applicable to these devices.  This document
    discusses and specifies an architecture to support Sleepy Nodes such
    as battery-powered sensors in mesh networks with the goal of
    proposing a standardisation solution for Sleepy Node proxies.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat