Subject: [core] RFC 7641 on Observing Resources in the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 16:39:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7641

        Title:      Observing Resources in the Constrained 
                    Application Protocol (CoAP) 
        Author:     K. Hartke
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 65842
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-core-observe-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7641

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7641

The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) is a RESTful application
protocol for constrained nodes and networks.  The state of a resource
on a CoAP server can change over time.  This document specifies a
simple protocol extension for CoAP that enables CoAP clients to
"observe" resources, i.e., to retrieve a representation of a resource
and keep this representation updated by the server over a period of
time.  The protocol follows a best-effort approach for sending new
representations to clients and provides eventual consistency between
the state observed by each client and the actual resource state at
the server.

This document is a product of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC