Subject: [core] AD review of draft-ietf-core-block-18

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 16:15:08 -0500

My apologies for the long delay in handling this publication request:
I've had a month straight of travel, including a little personal
vacation at the beginning and end.  I'm back and running full steam,
and reviewing the backlog of publication requests from several working
groups.  Thanks for the patience.

My only two comments are editorial, and need not get in the way of
last call, so I'll be requesting last call as soon as I send this
message.

-- Abstract --
It's not a big deal, but I find the abstract unusually long and with
unnecessary detail.  It should specify *what* the document does, and
leave the *why* to the Introduction.  I really think that this is
sufficient for the Abstract:

NEW
Applications that use the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
occasionally need to transfer comparatively large payloads -- for
instance, for firmware updates. This specification extends basic
CoAP with a pair of "Block" options, for transferring multiple
blocks of information from a resource representation in multiple
request-response pairs.  The Block options provide a minimal way
to transfer larger representations in a block-wise fashion.
END

-- Section 1 --
Please expand "CoAP" and "REST" on first use in the Introduction (for
the latter, in the second line for "REST architecture").

--
Barry