Subject: [core] core management topic

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 14:19:46 +0200

Hi Carsten,

I saw that the objective of the management topic is the definition of 
new steps.

Andy and I are quite ready to present (5-10 mins) the adaptations we did 
to the comi draft, given the recommendations of ietf94.

It will be difficult to explain all current documents for this topic, 
their overlap, and purpose in one single talk.
Can you do suggestions to proceed such that the WG can do some 
recommendation on the future progress.

It will be nice to receive a clear signal from the WG on this subject 
(continuation and  how).

Greetings,

Peter

--

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 15:00:41 +0200

Hi Peter,

I have asked the cool people what they want to do.
I think the focus should be on what we have in common, and whether we
can have a clean base on which hash and sid are a minor divergence in
the way of identifying things, that actually can work well together.

We need to find out at this meeting what the WG documents should be,
going forward.  (The charter process supporting this still isn't
completed, but at least we already have enough yes positions to
progress, just waiting for six more positions, and an IESG telechat date
on 2016-04-21, which is going to be a very full agenda, so there will be
little frivolous tinkering.)

Oh, and we need to take some time in the hallways to convince our new
responsible AD Alexey that COMI/COOL is the bee's knees.

Grüße, Carsten