Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 09:32:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : CoRE Resource Directory
        Authors         : Zach Shelby
                          Michael Koster
                          Carsten Bormann
                          Peter van der Stok
                          Christian Amsüss
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-13.txt
	Pages           : 70
	Date            : 2018-03-01

Abstract:
   In many M2M applications, direct discovery of resources is not
   practical due to sleeping nodes, disperse networks, or networks where
   multicast traffic is inefficient.  These problems can be solved by
   employing an entity called a Resource Directory (RD), which hosts
   descriptions of resources held on other servers, allowing lookups to
   be performed for those resources.  This document specifies the web
   interfaces that a Resource Directory supports in order for web
   servers to discover the RD and to register, maintain, lookup and
   remove resource descriptions.  Furthermore, new link attributes
   useful in conjunction with an RD are defined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-resource-directory/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Christian Amsüss <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 18:58:10 +0100

Hello Working Group,

On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 09:32:31AM -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> [...]

Given that the document is closing its completion, the authors would
like to ask the working group for reviews on it.

Big changes since -12 are:

* Added "all resource directory" nodes MC address
* Clarified observation behavior
* Reduced the significance of domains (removed from figure 2)
* Explained how endpoints from other RDs can be members of a group
* Resolve RFC6690-vs-8288 resolution ambiguities:
  *  require registered links not to be relative when using anchor
  *  return absolute URIs in resource lookup
* Explain that multiple RDs can be found, and can have absolute
  addresses
* Refer to t2trg-rel-impl for server metadata / versioning
* Add explanatory text

Best regards,
Christian

-- 
You don't become great by trying to be great. You become great by
wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great
in the process.
  -- Marie Curie (as quoted by Randall Munroe)