Subject: [core] Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-senml-13.txt> (Media Types for Sensor Measurement Lists (SenML)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 08:38:34 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Constrained RESTful Environments WG
(core) to consider the following document: - 'Media Types for Sensor
Measurement Lists (SenML)'
  <draft-ietf-core-senml-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines media types for representing simple sensor
   measurements and device parameters in the Sensor Measurement Lists
   (SenML).  Representations are defined in JavaScript Object Notation
   (JSON), Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR), eXtensible
   Markup Language (XML), and Efficient XML Interchange (EXI), which
   share the common SenML data model.  A simple sensor, such as a
   temperature sensor, could use one of these media types in protocols
   such as HTTP or CoAP to transport the measurements of the sensor or
   to be configured.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-senml/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-senml/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.