Subject: [core] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-core-senml-16: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 09:31:38 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-core-senml-16: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-senml/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for addressing my DISCUSS by adding the additional text to section
13, and for addressing my other comments.

The change to section 13 is sufficient for me to clear the discuss, but I
suggest adding a sentence to the following effect to the end of the new
paragraph:

“Malicious use of SenML to change system state could have severe consequences,
potentially including violation of physical security, property damage, and even
loss of life."