Subject: [core] Resource Directory: Usage of pre -17 groups and advanced 6690 features

From: Christian Amsüss <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 11:00:10 +0100

Hello CoRE group,

I'd like to repeat the questions to the group from today's meeting to
the list for confirmation of the planned course of the Resource
Directory document:

* Is there any active or deployed work that relies on groups as they
  described before -17, ie. that needs the RD to store which endpoints
  (actually: endpoint registrations) are members of the group?

* Are there active users of RFC6690 features that go beyond what is
  described in the examples? In particular, do you use any of

  * References are relative but do not start with a slash?
  * Relative references in the target, and full URIs in the anchor?
  * Links where the precise link context ("the anchor") is relevant even
    though the anchor attribute is not given?

If so, please let me know during this week. The room gave two "no"s,
based on which RD should be able to progress to a WGLC document swiftly.

Thanks
Christian

-- 
To use raw power is to make yourself infinitely vulnerable to greater powers.
  -- Bene Gesserit axiom