Subject: [core] [senML] Adding more semantic information in to senML measurements

From: Shantanoo Desai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 13:44:46 +0100

Hello all,

I wish to add a bit more context semantically to the measurements in senML,
viz. if I have a sensor node that provides me Environmental data like
temperature, humidity, pressure in the following way:

[

  {

      "bn": "urn:dev:mac:aabbccddee/env/",

      "n": "temperature",

       "u": "Cel",

       "v": 23.3

  },

  {

     "n": "humidity",

      "u": "%RH",

      "v": 30

  },

  {

     "n": "pressure",

      "u": "Pa",

      "v": 100013

  }

]

This provides me information about the sensor node's environmental data
acquisition however it provides me no information about where this sensor is
placed for e.g. "outside"/"inside"/"car"/"gate1". When it comes to indoor
localization there are no gps coordinates and hence adding some context to
the SenML base-record does not seem to be a bad idea. However the RFC
mentions nothing pertaining to some additional meta-data.

Is it recommended to use "vs" in the base record to add such information or
is there something I should look for somewhere else?

Regards,

Shan