Subject: [core] Discussion about draft-ietf-core-sid - IANA Specification required sub-registry

From: ivaylo petrov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 16:06:32 +0100

Dear all,

We have been working on -05 of the draft-ietf-core-sid draft (the
work-in-progress version is available here
<https://github.com/Acklio/yang-cbor/blob/sid-v05/draft-ietf-core-sid-latest.md>).
During the discussion, Michel Veillette proposed to add a new sub-section
of the IANA considerations dedicated on the "Specification required"
portion of the SIDs from "IANA SID Mega-Range Registry". This subsection
specifies what will be the necessary information for each entry in the
sub-registry. The proposed fields are:

* The SID range entry point.
* The SID range size.
* The YANG module name.
* The name of the standard organization
* The specification identifier or URI

Do you consider that we need to change something in that list?

Best regards,
Ivaylo Petrov

P.S: I agree with the proposal and find the provided list sufficient.