Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-stateless-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 02:36:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Extended Tokens and Stateless Clients in the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
        Author          : Klaus Hartke
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-stateless-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   This document provides considerations for alleviating CoAP clients
   and intermediaries of keeping per-request state.  To facilitate this,
   this document additionally introduces a new, optional CoAP protocol
   extension for extended token lengths.

   This document updates RFCs 7252 and 8323.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-stateless/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-stateless-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-core-stateless-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-stateless-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Christian Amsüss <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 10:29:56 +0100

Hello Klaus,

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-stateless-01.txt

given this is listed on today's agenda with "WGLC!", I've looked through
the current version.

I'm generally happy with the text.

In section 3.3, I've had a hard time plucking out what the parts of the
message processing those MUSTs relate to, and would have it easier if
it'd either (in an informative way) briefly describe what can *not* be
done in the stateless case that could be done with a short token, or
give an example.

Thanks for your work on this
Christian

-- 
To use raw power is to make yourself infinitely vulnerable to greater powers.
  -- Bene Gesserit axiom