Subject: [core] review draft-ietf-core-sid

From: Peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 03:05:35 -0700

Dear authors,

below a restricted review of draft-ietf-core-sid.
The remarks concern clarifications of the registration process.

The drawings and tables have no figure numbers; providing numbers helps
referencing.
Drawing on page 5 and 6 does not view easily; it is wrapped around.
Suggestion to break the drawing in two with as breaking point the <work
in progress> box.

section 7.2
introduce the hierachical composition of the Registries with a diagram
as given in section 7.2.1

section 7.2.1
extend the diagram with "Registry name" next to "Entry point", "Size",
and "IANA policy".
Explain the difference between a "standardized YANG module" and a
"standardized YANG module in RFC".

bullit 2, range 1000 to 59,999
s/YANG modules/standardized YANG module/
Allocation within this range:
. yang file MUST be registered in "Yang module registry" and "YANG
module assignment registry"; associated .sid file MUST be registered in
"YANG module assignment registry"

bullit 4, range 100,000 to 999,999
Allocation within this range:
. yang file MUST be registered in "Yang module registry" and "YANG
module assignment registry"; associated .sid file MUST be registered in
"YANG module assignment registry"

section 7.2.2

probably both YANG module, .yang file and .sid files must be registered.

Hope this helps.

I am looking forward to publication of this draft, to register the sid
files we use for the constrained voucher draft.

Greetings,

Peter 
-- 
Peter van der Stok
vanderstok consultancy
mailto: [email-masked], [email-masked]
www: www.vanderstok.org [1]
tel NL: +31(0)492474673     F: +33(0)966015248 

Links:
------
[1] http://www.vanderstok.org