Subject: [core] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-core-senml-etch-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Barry Leiba via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 15:32:43 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-core-senml-etch-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-senml-etch/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a small thing, and not worth putting in as a DISCUSS, but please DO make
this change: Please change the registration templates in Sections 6.2 and 6.3
to accurately match the template in Section 5.6 of RFC 6838. Thanks.

---

From: Ari Keränen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 19:04:25 +0000

Thank you for the review Barry!

And sorry for late reply; vacations got on the way.

> On 4 Sep 2019, at 1.32, Barry Leiba via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
[...]

I double checked the registration template and fixed two things:
* Using "N/A" instead of "none"
* Added: "Deprecated alias names for this type: N/A"

The registration templates in the draft also have "Macintosh Universal Type Identifier code" that is not part of the RFC6838 template but that is defined instead of the Macintosh file type code(s) similar to SenML RFC. I assume that is OK.

The changes are reflected in this PR:
https://github.com/core-wg/senml-etch/pull/12/files 

If these changes address your concerns and there are no further comments, I'll include this PR in the next revision.

Thanks,
Ari

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 12:08:57 -0400

Thanks for checking it, Ari, and please include.

Barry