Subject: [core] Barry Leiba's Yes on draft-ietf-core-hop-limit-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Barry Leiba via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 15:04:48 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-core-hop-limit-06: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-hop-limit/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for a simple, yet useful document.  Just some really small nits here:

I wish you had used “that” in most places in the document where “which” is. 
Perhaps the RFC Editor will change those.  If you care to make me happier (an
optional thing, surely), you might change every instance of “which” to “that”
*except* the one in the Abstract (which is correct).

— Section 3 —

   Nevertheless, the presence of such proxies will not prevent infinite
   loop detection if at least one CoAP proxy which support the Hop-Limit
   option is involved in the loop.

“support” -> “supports”

   A CoAP proxy which understands the Hop-Limit option MAY be
   instructed, using a configuration parameter, to insert a Hop-Limit
   option when relaying a request which do not include the Hop-Limit
   option.

“do not” -> “does not”

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 12:28:56 +0000

Hi Barry,

Thank you for the comments. 

Fixed the two nits, and will check the first point. 

Cheers,
Med

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Barry Leiba via Datatracker [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Envoyé : mercredi 16 octobre 2019 00:05
> À : The IESG
> Cc : [email-masked]; Jaime Jimenez; core-
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Objet : Barry Leiba's Yes on draft-ietf-core-hop-limit-06: (with COMMENT)
>