Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-06.txt

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 12:57:29 +0200

Hello CoRE,

We have submitted an updated version of draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-06

The document describes how to use the CoRE Resource Directory for
discovering OSCORE groups and retrieving information to join them
through their Group Manager.

This update is especially about:

1) Addressing most points of the review at [1] from Jim (thanks!).

2) Examples in CoRAL improved and moved to the document body.

3) New appendix with the full use-case example in CoRAL.

Comments are very welcome!

Best,
/Marco

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/core/h62d2c2mYmG43ykz52KvbbEpgDc/

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for
draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-06.txt
Date: 	Mon, 13 Jul 2020 10:16:46 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>, Marco Tiloca
<[email-masked]>, Christian Amsuess <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-06.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marco Tiloca and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery
Revision: 06
Title: Discovery of OSCORE Groups with the CoRE Resource Directory
Document date: 2020-07-13
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 31
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-06.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-06
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-06

Abstract:
Group communication over the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
can be secured by means of Group Object Security for Constrained
RESTful Environments (Group OSCORE). At deployment time, devices may
not know the exact OSCORE groups to join, the respective Group
Manager, or other information required to perform the joining
process. This document describes how a CoAP endpoint can use
descriptions and links of resources registered at the CoRE Resource
Directory to discover OSCORE groups and to acquire information for
joining them through the respective Group Manager. A given OSCORE
group may protect multiple application groups, which are separately
announced in the Resource Directory as sets of endpoints sharing a
pool of resources. This approach is consistent with, but not limited
to, the joining of OSCORE groups based on the ACE framework for
Authentication and Authorization in constrained environments.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat