Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-02.txt

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 09:11:49 +0100

Hello CoRE,

We have recently submitted an update for the draft "Proxy Operations for
CoAP Group Communication".

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-02

The document details the operations of forward-proxies supporting CoAP
group communication and addresses the issues identified in [1].

In particular, a client can send a unicast CoAP group request to the
proxy including a new Option to indicate to the proxy the time period to
collect responses. Also a new Option is included in the servers'
responses, to enable the client to distinguish the multiple responses it
receives via the proxy, as well as the different servers originating them.

This update is especially about:

1) Improved usage and encoding of the two new CoAP options.

2) Support for Observation discussed as dedicated sub-sections.

3) Support for a chain of proxies between the client and the origin servers.

4) Updated security considerations.

Comments are very welcome!

Best,
/Marco

[1]
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-bis-02#section-2.3.3

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for
draft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-02.txt
Date: 	Mon, 02 Nov 2020 09:49:29 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Esko Dijk <[email-masked]>, Marco Tiloca
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marco Tiloca and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy
Revision: 02
Title: Proxy Operations for CoAP Group Communication
Document date: 2020-11-02
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 24
URL:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Farchive%2Fid%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-02.txt&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C88c6b686855b4a9ded0208d87f57a859%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399362375415962%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=UxxnkPWRFrLTygOS3q%2FrzbcTmBnnFUvqGk2JGuoDPTI%3D&amp;reserved=0
Status:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C88c6b686855b4a9ded0208d87f57a859%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399362375415962%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=RcNUCfM1%2Fpf6MKrLxu46lcJ8j6QPCAt6uqJxugjSWwI%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C88c6b686855b4a9ded0208d87f57a859%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399362375415962%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=tI%2Bm1RzI3NAqL0YBpxiJnMarAF%2Fha6PSEBd3aBnithU%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-02&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C88c6b686855b4a9ded0208d87f57a859%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399362375415962%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=9%2Fj8ggK%2FQ7Yc4RD2PP2%2BIhjnJJVLpx1nFsishYmsIWY%3D&amp;reserved=0
Diff:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Frfcdiff%3Furl2%3Ddraft-tiloca-core-groupcomm-proxy-02&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C88c6b686855b4a9ded0208d87f57a859%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399362375415962%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=RnWhDzdryPIPGv5y8Jw5u3%2F8wgQQqNLxb8lfX14WOmQ%3D&amp;reserved=0

Abstract:
This document specifies the operations performed by a forward-proxy,
when using the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) in group
communication scenarios. Proxy operations involve the processing of
individual responses from servers, as reply to a single request sent
by the client over unicast to the proxy, and then distributed by the
proxy over IP multicast to the servers. When receiving the different
responses via the proxy, the client is able to distinguish them and
their origin servers, by acquiring their addressing information.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat