Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-07.txt

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 09:14:14 +0100

Hello CoRE,

We have recently submitted an updated version of
draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-07

The document describes how to use the CoRE Resource Directory for
discovering OSCORE groups and retrieving information to join them
through their Group Manager.

This update is especially about:

1) Addressing the remaining points from the review of version -05 at [1]
and the latest review of version -06 at [2].

2) Clarifying how the Group Manager is aware of the names of application
groups, as specified when creating the security groups (see [3]).

3) Clarifications about a same application group using multiple security
groups.

4) Minor improvements to the examples.

5) The definition of a new Resource Type moved to [4].

Comments are very welcome!

Best,
/Marco

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/core/h62d2c2mYmG43ykz52KvbbEpgDc/
[2] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/core/3M-ASJxDvrMrSi26-Jk4tI3cmOs/
[3] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-oscore-gm-admin
[4] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-key-groupcomm-oscore

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for
draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-07.txt
Date: 	Mon, 02 Nov 2020 09:59:14 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Christian Amsuess <[email-masked]>, Marco Tiloca
<[email-masked]>, Peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-07.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marco Tiloca and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery
Revision: 07
Title: Discovery of OSCORE Groups with the CoRE Resource Directory
Document date: 2020-11-02
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 32
URL:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Farchive%2Fid%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-07.txt&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C54b8fc1935cd4d693ade08d87f590cef%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399368342544345%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=qqd6ZLRahFh%2F0nXdOL%2BGWrWfbJRjoL9FararDFfppnk%3D&amp;reserved=0
Status:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C54b8fc1935cd4d693ade08d87f590cef%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399368342544345%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=jNccuwXZhfatemCfBWOVzatxXB8aVIWu3ONVczw7eNA%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C54b8fc1935cd4d693ade08d87f590cef%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399368342544345%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=mhfTFe7gFaDs2kenVw33gK%2FyzOOmh%2FMdvV5hShi0KpE%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-07&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C54b8fc1935cd4d693ade08d87f590cef%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399368342544345%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=oTOUkqWyspoYws3ehHhcS87eZQ2g6oKoWtPxuo4UDpE%3D&amp;reserved=0
Diff:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Frfcdiff%3Furl2%3Ddraft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-07&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C54b8fc1935cd4d693ade08d87f590cef%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637399368342554305%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&amp;sdata=0LUPHmkOjjpNz3aY%2FBBEPQ3CQJHMjOdvA0PkiVC7rKo%3D&amp;reserved=0

Abstract:
Group communication over the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
can be secured by means of Group Object Security for Constrained
RESTful Environments (Group OSCORE). At deployment time, devices may
not know the exact security groups to join, the respective Group
Manager, or other information required to perform the joining
process. This document describes how a CoAP endpoint can use
descriptions and links of resources registered at the CoRE Resource
Directory to discover security groups and to acquire information for
joining them through the respective Group Manager. A given security
group may protect multiple application groups, which are separately
announced in the Resource Directory as sets of endpoints sharing a
pool of resources. This approach is consistent with, but not limited
to, the joining of security groups based on the ACE framework for
Authentication and Authorization in constrained environments.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat