Subject: [Dbound] initial cut at: draft-sullivan-dbound-problem-statement-00

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 19:58:26 -0800

Hi,

as discussed with Casey at the end of the dbound side meeting yesterday 
evening, I've taken draft-sullivan-domain-policy-authority-01.xml and 
renamed it, added John Levine & Casey as co-authors, cut out the solution 
approach, left in the intro & motivation, use cases, added Tim D's DMARC use 
case, and verified that it formats in Firefox using rfc2629.xslt. It is 
"rough" and can use some work :)

I didn't have time to fold in material from Casey's problem stmt doc; I 
looked at draft-levine-orgboundary-02 but wasn't sure there was anything in 
there appropriate to fold in that isn't already addressed.

I've created a new public repository at github for it..

   https://github.com/equalsJeffH/dbound

If you clone it to your local disk, and browse to that directory using 
firefox, and load "draft-sullivan-dbound-problem-statement-00.xml", it 
should render more-or-less formatted in the browser.

Andrew, John, Casey: please let me know your github account names and I can 
add you as collaborators on that repo.

HTH,

=JeffH

---

From: Jeffrey Walton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 13:18:48 -0500

Jeff,

Thanks for the work.

> case,

Its missing a use case: validating DNS names in X.509 certificates
(specifically, wildcarded names).

Its a different use case from HTTP cookies. Most folks don't build web
browsers. Many folks do use TLS for secure channels.

Jeff