Subject: [Dime] Charter omission?

From: "Glen Zorn \(gwz\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 03:27:14 -0800

Looking over the charter I notice that there is no mention of MIBs,
though a milestone is to progress Diameter Base to Draft Standard.
Isn't a MIB required for that?  Also, the first deadline (for submitting
the API document for publication as an Informational RFC) is next month.
Isn't that a bit aggressive, esp. considering that there isn't even a
-00 draft yet?  I am concerned because it seems that WGs (most recently
radext) often get in trouble by setting unrealistic goals & failing to
meet them.

~gwz

Treat the Earth well. 
It was not given to you by your parents.
It was loaned to you by your children.
  -- Kenyan Proverb

Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect.
  -- Chief Seattle

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:54:48 +0200

>Looking over the charter I notice that there is no mention of 
>MIBs, though a milestone is to progress Diameter Base to Draft 
>Standard. Isn't a MIB required for that?  

I could be wrong, but I didn't think MIBs were required.  However,
now that you mention it, a MIB would be a good idea.  Anyone
interested in writing a MIB?

> Also, the first deadline (for submitting the API document for
publication as an 
>Informational RFC) is next month.
>Isn't that a bit aggressive, esp. considering that there isn't 
>even a -00 draft yet?  I am concerned because it seems that 
>WGs (most recently radext) often get in trouble by setting unrealistic
goals & 
>failing to meet them.

Remember the IETF moves at lightning speed. Actually, the charter was
originally
drafted back in October, it has taken some time to actually get
approved.  The
idea is to take the current draft from the AAA WG and last call it.

John