Subject: [Dime] Permanent DiME chair appointments delayed

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:49:20 +0100

[bcc: to the candidates, to ensure they get this.
      they should be on the WG mailing list though.]
      
DiME WG members,

as you all know (or so I assume, because I posted that to this
list), John Loughney is acting WG chair. We did this to ensure
that we have proper preparation for the upcoming IETF meeting.

One of the reasons why the ADs are still not done with selecting
one or two permanent WG chairs is the fact that at least 2 (as
far as we know) candidates have been nominated for TSV AD. And 
those 2 candidates would decline if they get appointed to be AD.

You may all have seen, that the nomcom has extended their call
for nominations for that AD position. It looks like the nomcom
will not be able to announce the 2nd TSV AD appointment before
very close to the Dallas meeting.

As a result, we (ADs) intend to NOT change the acting WG chair 
before the upcoming IETF.  The candidates will be contacted
between now and Dallas for further discussion. 

So pls bear with us, and pls give John all the support so that 
we have a productive first WG session.

Bert, David and Dan Romascanu (Berts successor after Dallas).

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime