Subject: [Dime] Diameter MIPv6 Application

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:06:55 +0100

Hi all, 

we have compiled two Diameter documents that provide the backend
solution for the split & the integrated scenario. 

Please find the document here:

Mobile IPv6 Bootstrapping using Diameter in the Split Scenario

Abstract

   In Mobile IPv6 deployment a need for an interaction between the Home
   Agent, the AAA infrastructure of the Mobile Service Provider (MSP)
   and the Mobility Service Authorizer (MSA) has been identified.  This
   document provides a description of the functionality that allows to
   meet the goals outlined in the MIPv6 AAA Goals document.

http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/drafts/draft-tschofenig-dime-mip6-split-00.txt

Diameter MIPv6 Application for the Integrated Scenario

Abstract

   A Mobile IPv6 node requires a home agent address, a home address, and
   IPsec security association with its home agent before it can start
   utilizing Mobile IPv6 service.  RFC 3775 requires that some or all of
   these parameters are statically configured.  Ongoing work aims to
   make this information dynamically available to the mobile node.  An
   important aspect of the Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping solution is to
   support interworking with existing authentication, authorization and
   accounting infrastructure.  This document defines a Diameter
   application to facilitate Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping for the
   integrated scenario.

http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/drafts/draft-tschofenig-dime-mip6-integrated-0
0.txt

Before I started working on the latter document I contact Franck Le
since he was the author/editor of the previous Diameter MIPv6
Application document. It turned out that the previously written document
had a different focus than today's bootstrapping activites. Anyway, I
got in touch with Franck to work on the document with him but he moved
to CMU and has no time for it anymore. Maybe the other co-authors are
still interested in this subject - but I haven't received a reply yet. I
am still looking for some co-authors....
 
Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: Julien Bournelle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:47:56 +0100

Hi hannes,

 I took a quick look at the Integrated document and I have 
 a comment:

 what happens if 802.1X or PANA is in used for network access
 authentication ? the NAS needs to carry EAP packets to the AAA
 servers and thus will used Diameter NASREQ/EAP. If you want that the
 NAS uses your application instead of Diameter EAP, it means that it
 knows that the user has mobile IPv6 which may imply some modifications
 to the network access authentiaction protocol.

 I tend to think that we should only define AVPs that could be included
 in Diameter NASREQ/EAP.

 -- Julien Bournelle

-- 
julien.bournelle at int-evry.fr