Subject: [Dime] Diameter MIPv6 Application: Status

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 22:03:34 +0100

Hi all,

during the last week we had a lot of discussions on how to proceed with 
the Diameter MIPv6 application for the integrated scenario.

Julien Bournelle, Jouni Korhonen, Victor Fajardo and Charles Perkins 
joined the work on the draft.

Two issues were discovered during our discussions:

1) A pull approach has to be used for the interaction between a Diameter 
entity and the Home Agent. The push approach is not supported. We 
clearly want to make sure that the work is closely aligned with 
draft-ietf-mip6-boostrapping-integrated-dhc-00.txt

This requires a few modifications to the draft.

2) Do we need a new application or just a bunch of AVPs?
We haven't reached consensus on this issue.

Particularly regarding issue (2) we would appreciate feedback.

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime