Subject: [Dime] RE: [AAA-WG]: Diameter Error Handling

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 21:40:20 +0300

Hi Paulo,
 
I'm forwarding this to the DiME (Diameter Maintainance and Extensions
WG), that's the correct WG for this.
 
John

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of ext Paulo Rolo
	Sent: 15 May, 2006 18:28
	To: [email-masked]
	Cc: selina; Rui Miguel Gomes
	Subject: [AAA-WG]: Diameter Error Handling

	Hello all,

	I have some questions regarding diameter error handling
behavior, which I was unable to check on rfc 3588:

	- should diameter server, when replying with a message with E
bit set, include all the AVPs from received request? (as far as I know,
some diameter implementations do this on redirect messages)

	- this applies both to redirect and protocol and application
errors? 

	- what is the meaning of *[AVP] on answer-message format?

	            <answer-message> ::= < Diameter Header: code, ERR
[PXY] >

	                     0*1< Session-Id >

	                        { Origin-Host }

	                        { Origin-Realm }

	                        { Result-Code }

	                        [ Origin-State-Id ]

	                        [ Error-Reporting-Host ]

	                        [ Proxy-Info ]

	                      * [ AVP ]

	Regards,

	Paulo Rolo

	 

________________________________

	From: selina [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: quinta-feira, 11 de Maio de 2006 14:03
	To: Paulo Rolo
	Subject: RE: [AAA-WG]: Diameter Redirect Behaviour

	Hi,Paulo:

	Please see my comments in line.

	> -----Original Message-----
	> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Paulo Rolo
	> Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:34 AM
	> To: [email-masked]
	> Subject: [AAA-WG]: Diameter Redirect Behaviour
	> 
	> Hello, 

	> I have some questions regarding diameter redirect behavior: 

	> 1) Redirect reply message should be of the type request or
reply? For example, if redirect agent receives an UAR it  

	> should reply with a UAR or with a UAA, performing the redirect
actions? 

	I think redirect reply message should be of the type reply,I
mean reply message is the answer message,you can read the
RFC3588,section 6.1.7

	> 2) If Redirect-Host-Usage AVP is used with a value of
ALL_USER, how this is reflected on diameter routing table? As  

	> routing table only concerns realms and apps, should this
routing entry be cached in an implementation specific table 

	> and this table used prior checking diameter routing table? 

	If the Redirect-Host-Usage AVP's value is ALL_USER,I think it
means all message from any user should be sent to the host specified in
the Redirect-Host AVP.This is my consideration,and how do you think?

	Selina

	Thanks

	> Thanks in advance, 

	> Paulo Rolo

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime