Subject: [Dime] Diameter QoS: Interaction with Accounting and Credit Control

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 23:01:27 +0200

Hi all,

in the past we received a few comments regarding the interaction between 
Diameter Accounting and Diameter Credit Control.

The current approach is the following:

* draft-tschofenig-dime-diameter-qos-00.txt describes the interaction 
with accounting in Section 5.

* It does not build on top of Diameter Credit Control.

* A simplified online and volume based charging approach is described in 
Section 7.2 of draft-tschofenig-dime-diameter-qos-00.txt.

* Diameter Credit Control interworking is possible but currently not 
specified in the document.

Are there objections?

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 09:35:04 +0300

Just to follow-up:

>in the past we received a few comments regarding the 
>interaction between Diameter Accounting and Diameter Credit Control.
>
>* draft-tschofenig-dime-diameter-qos-00.txt describes the 
>interaction with accounting in Section 5.
>
>* A simplified online and volume based charging approach is 
>described in Section 7.2 of draft-tschofenig-dime-diameter-qos-00.txt.
>
>* Diameter Credit Control interworking is possible but 
>currently not specified in the document.

If there are any needs for Diameter Credit Control interworking, it
would
be good if people could state what their requirements or needs are.

thanks,
John