Subject: [Dime] Diameter Interop Report

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 16:54:26 +0200

Hi all,

A Diameter Interop Event hosted by Ulticom took place April 24-28, 2006.
Thanks to Ulticom for the excellent meeting organization. We had a very 
nice and fruitful meeting.

Victor Fajardo took some meeting minutes. Please find them here:
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/dime-interop-2006/meeting-minutes.txt

Here is a short summary of the tests we did:

* Diameter Base Protocol
* Diameter Credit Control
* Diameter NASREQ
* Diameter Accounting
* 3GPP specs

Two folks tried to get Diameter EAP to work but they failed due to some
serious implementation bugs that they couldn't fix during the meeting. 
They promised me todo some remote tests. I will keep the list up-to-date.

Since our main focus was on the base protocol I would like to provide a 
bit more details about it:

TLS: 5 companies provided TLS support. We performed some tests but it 
took us a long time because of the different certificate formats.

SCTP: 2 companies supported SCTP and performed tests. No problems showed 
up.

Next, I would like to go through the test cases from Section 3 of
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fajardo-dime-interop-test-suite-00.txt.

Y=Implemented/Tested
I=Implemented/Not Tested
N=Not Implemented
NA=Not Available

3.1.1.1: 13 Y
3.1.1.2: 9 Y, 3 I, 1 N
3.1.1.3: 13 Y
3.1.1.4: 12 Y, 1 I
3.1.1.5: 3 Y, 6 I, 4 N
3.1.2.1: 7 Y, 2 I, 3 N, 1 NA
3.1.2.2: 7 Y, 3 I, 2 N, 1 NA
3.1.2.3: 9 Y, 1 I, 2 N, 1 NA
3.1.2.4: 5 Y, 4 I, 4 N
3.1.3 (Relay): 6 Y, 6 N, 1 NA
3.1.3 (Proxy): 1 Y, 2 I, 9 N, 1 NA
3.1.3.1: 1 Y, 2 I, 10 N
3.2.1.1: 6 Y, 5 I, 2 N
3.2.1.2: 1 I, 12 N

It turned out that the test suite document was quite useful for 
executing the tests. However, we also noticed that the test suite 
document should focus more on the protocol specific tests rather than 
describing the interaction with protocols that trigger the Diameter 
interaction. We might want to update the document.

Protocol specific issues have been collected in an issue tracker. Please
find it at: http://www.tschofenig.priv.at:8080/diameter-interop/

During our meeting a number of folks expressed interest in having 
another interop event.

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime