Subject: [Dime] FW: [AAA-WG]: Diameter - Failover Implementation

From: Rajith R <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:45:19 +0530

****************************************************************************
********

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including,
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Monal Sengar
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 3:31 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [AAA-WG]: Diameter - Failover Implementation

Hi All,

In case of implementing Failover in Diameter base protocol, do we need to
send the requests in pending message queue on per peer basis or do we need
to distribute the requests based on the application Id.

In case, we implement the first option then we will have a mapping of
Primary peer to alternate peer.When primary peer is down , all the requests
in pending message queue will be routed to alternate peer.But in this case ,
alternate peer must support all the applicaiton Ids which primary peer is
supporting. 

But in case of second option, we can retireve the pending message from the
pending message queue and based on the applicaiton Id , we can retireve the
proper alternate peer (from realm table and peer table) for this request
which will be supproting the application id present in the pending message
and route the request to the same.So for different pending requests we can
have different alternate peers.In such case there will not be any fixed
alternate peer but based on the application Id, we will find the proper
alternate peer from realm table and peer table. 

Which option seems to be better?

Thanks in advance
Monal

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: Rajith R <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:49:33 +0530

Hi

            For each app Id, a primary peer may have a different alternate
peer. So 2nd option is better.

Regards

Rajith

  _____  

From: Rajith R [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 3:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Dime] FW: [AAA-WG]: Diameter - Failover Implementation

  _____  

Hi All,

Thanks in advance
Monal