Subject: [Dime] FW: [AAA-WG]: Realm expiration timer

From: Rajith R <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:45:48 +0530

****************************************************************************
********

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including,
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
naveen sarma
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 3:34 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [AAA-WG]: Realm expiration timer

Hi,
    As per RFC 3588 section 5.2 

"A dynamically discovered peer causes an entry in the Peer Table (see
Section 2.6) to be created. Note that entries created via DNS MUST expire
(or be refreshed) within the DNS TTL. If a peer is discovered outside of the
local realm, a routing table entry (see Section 2.7) for the peer's realm is
created. The routing table entry's expiration MUST match the peer's
expiration value."

So we will make an entry into the peer table and realm table (if required)
when ever a new peer is discovered, connected and CER, CEA are exchanged. 

As per our understanding, if the peer expiration timeout happens and if the
peer's state is closed we will try to re-connect to the peer.  If the peer's
state is Open we are doing nothing.  Is this correct?

What do we need to do when the the realm expiration timeout happens?

-- 
Yours
Naveen. 

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: venkatesh devalapura nagabhushana <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:22:07 +0530

Hi Rajit,

See my observations below:

<snip>

> Section 2.6) to be created. Note that entries created via DNS MUST
> expire (or be refreshed) within the DNS TTL. If a peer is discovered
> outside of the local realm, a routing table entry (see Section 2.7)
> for the peer's realm is created. The routing table entry's expiration
> MUST match the peer's expiration value."

> So we will make an entry into the peer table and realm table (if
> required) when ever a new peer is discovered, connected and CER, CEA
> are exchanged. 
> 
> As per our understanding, if the peer expiration timeout happens and
> if the peer's state is closed we will try to re-connect to the peer.
> If the peer's state is Open we are doing nothing.  Is this correct?
> 

[Venkatesh]: Section 2.6 mentions about "StatusT" field which maintains
the state of peer table entry and also make reference to values list in
section 5.6. However it is not clear which value. My interpretation is
it might be referring to either Timeout or Error mentioned in 5.6 (or
both). But, section 2.7 (Realm based routing table) has no such
reference. I think, 5.6 need to specify explicitly what need to be done.

Regards,
Venkatesh