Subject: [Dime] Diameter Interop

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:46:47 +0200

Hi all,

We have a sponsor for the next Diameter interop.  Are people interested
and willing to participate.  Some details below.
 
Thanks,
John & Hannes

	We have identified a venue in Orlando, Florida. 

	This is similar to the previous interop site, which was at the
Enterprise Center of the Burlington County College campus. It is at the
Valencia County College Enterprise Center. This is in a very central
location. 

	The room is about as big as the previous one, which can seat
about 30 participants and has power and wired-IP at every seat. There is
wireless-LAN also available. I am of the opinion to use the wired LAN
for the testing, which can be made private for the group and use
wireless for internet connectivity.

	We have also looked at a hotel within one mile of the venue,
which is quite attractive and is co-located with one of Orlando's
biggest shopping mall. Both the venue and the hotel are about 6-7 miles
from the airport.

	We are looking at suitable dates between 20th Jan - 10th Feb.
The Weather in Florida will be sunny and in the 50s.

	Please let me know your opinion.

	I have also some other questions..

	a.	In terms of network connectivity, I am assuming that
static IP addresses should suffice. We will allocate and prepare the
participants a list, so that it will save time. For realm-based routing,
I assume that folks will be able to use their own mechanism such as the
/etc/resolv.conf /etc/hosts to resolve the hostname to IP and no DNS is
required. 

	b.	We have looked at options for remote connectivity. It is
possible, but the remote side will have to install a Cisco VPN client,
because this network has a Cisco VPN support. Do you think that it will
be useful and viable? 

	c.	In the registration, we will enquire about the
participant's interests and can be better prepared. The areas of
interest are 

	3GPP and TISPAN applications - Cx, Dx etc..

	MobileIP, EAP, NASREQ 

	DiameterSIP

	TLS

	..Would you like to add to this list.

	d.	How about the duration of the event. Last time, it was
scheduled for five days. Most people left by the fourth day. Should we
plan for a three day event instead? 

	e. In addition to putting up the web-page for the registration,
we will plan to send an invite to our previous participant list and also
some additional implementations that we have been interacting with.

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:51:33 +0100

Hi all,

we need todo some homework for the interop. At the previous interop we 
have roughly followed the test cases described in:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/draft-fajardo-dime-interop-test-suite-01.txt

To have a more structured way of testing we would like to follow the 
tests more closely. This also allows a better preparation for the 
interop event.

Hence, if you plan to participate then you should contribute to the 
above document to ensure that your test cases are covered.

We need to know if you think that something is missing or should be 
described in a different way.

We, however, need help from working group members with the document 
editing. Please volunteer.

To make sure that the document is good enough for the interop event we 
would also schedule phone and/or chat conferences.

Ciao
Hannes

[email-masked] wrote:
>     Enterprise Center of the Burlington County College campus. It is at
>     the Valencia County College Enterprise Center. This is in a very
>     central location.
> 
>      
> 
>     The room is about as big as the previous one, which can seat about
>     30 participants and has power and wired-IP at every seat. There is
>     wireless-LAN also available. I am of the opinion to use the wired
>     LAN for the testing, which can be made private for the group and use
>     We have also looked at a hotel within one mile of the venue, which
>     is quite attractive and is co-located with one of Orlando’s biggest
>     shopping mall. Both the venue and the hotel are about 6-7 miles from
>     the airport.
> 
>      
> 
>     We are looking at suitable dates between 20^th Jan – 10^th Feb. The
>     Weather in Florida will be sunny and in the 50s.
> 
>      
> 
>        1. In terms of network connectivity, I am assuming that static IP
>           addresses should suffice. We will allocate and prepare the
>           participants a list, so that it will save time. For
>           realm-based routing, I assume that folks will be able to use
>           their own mechanism such as the /etc/resolv.conf /etc/hosts to
>           resolve the hostname to IP and no DNS is required. 
> 
>      
> 
>        2. We have looked at options for remote connectivity. It is
>           possible, but the remote side will have to install a Cisco VPN
>           client, because this network has a Cisco VPN support. Do you
>           think that it will be useful and viable? 
> 
>      
> 
>        3. In the registration, we will enquire about the participant’s
>           interests and can be better prepared. The areas of interest are 
> 
>     3GPP and TISPAN applications – Cx, Dx etc..
> 
>     MobileIP, EAP, NASREQ
> 
>     DiameterSIP
> 
>     TLS
> 
>        4. How about the duration of the event. Last time, it was
>           scheduled for five days. Most people left by the fourth day.
>           Should we plan for a three day event instead? 
> 
>      
> 
>     e. In addition to putting up the web-page for the registration, we
>     will plan to send an invite to our previous participant list and
>     also some additional implementations that we have been interacting with.
> 
>      
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>