Subject: Re: [Dime] Diameter Interop

From: Timothy Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:44:02 -0500

Hi John & Hannes,

I thoroughly enjoyed the last interop event.   I think the sponsoring 
company did a great job.  I thought the event  was an excellent forum to 
learn and improve our understanding and our implementation of the 
specifications.  So, I'm very interested in participating and hopefull 
that we can fit it into our schedules.  It is about 3 months earlier than 
I would like.   My preference would be in the April/May timeframe, but we 
will see what we can do.

Some comments on your questions:
a. Connectivity was fine in New Jersey.  I don't think we need to have DNS 
support or wifi support.  This was not a problem.
b. I think remote access and testing would be very difficult as we were in 
need of a constant dialog exchange between participants when we were 
setting up connections.
c. I think my organization is mostly interested in 3GPP protocols that an 
IMS Application Server would use including Accounting, Credit Control, 
etc..
d. I'm fine with 4 days. 

Best Regards,
Timothy Smith

[email-masked]
(919) 254-4723

<[email-masked]> 
10/30/2006 05:46 AM

To
<[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
[Dime] Diameter Interop

Hi all,

We have a sponsor for the next Diameter interop.  Are people interested 
and willing to participate.  Some details below.
 
Thanks,
John & Hannes

We have identified a venue in Orlando, Florida. 
 
This is similar to the previous interop site, which was at the Enterprise 
Center of the Burlington County College campus. It is at the Valencia 
County College Enterprise Center. This is in a very central location. 
 
The room is about as big as the previous one, which can seat about 30 
participants and has power and wired-IP at every seat. There is 
wireless-LAN also available. I am of the opinion to use the wired LAN for 
the testing, which can be made private for the group and use wireless for 
internet connectivity.
 
We have also looked at a hotel within one mile of the venue, which is 
quite attractive and is co-located with one of Orlando’s biggest shopping 
mall. Both the venue and the hotel are about 6-7 miles from the airport.
 
We are looking at suitable dates between 20th Jan – 10th Feb. The Weather 
in Florida will be sunny and in the 50s.
 
Please let me know your opinion.
 
I have also some other questions..
 
a.      In terms of network connectivity, I am assuming that static IP 
addresses should suffice. We will allocate and prepare the participants a 
list, so that it will save time. For realm-based routing, I assume that 
folks will be able to use their own mechanism such as the /etc/resolv.conf 
/etc/hosts to resolve the hostname to IP and no DNS is required. 
 
b.      We have looked at options for remote connectivity. It is possible, 
but the remote side will have to install a Cisco VPN client, because this 
network has a Cisco VPN support. Do you think that it will be useful and 
viable? 
 
c.      In the registration, we will enquire about the participant’s 
interests and can be better prepared. The areas of interest are 
3GPP and TISPAN applications – Cx, Dx etc..
MobileIP, EAP, NASREQ 
DiameterSIP
TLS
..Would you like to add to this list.
 
d.      How about the duration of the event. Last time, it was scheduled 
for five days. Most people left by the fourth day. Should we plan for a 
three day event instead? 
 
e. In addition to putting up the web-page for the registration, we will 
plan to send an invite to our previous participant list and also some 
additional implementations that we have been interacting with.
 _______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime