Subject: [Dime] Diameter SIP app in AUTH48 state

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:59:56 +0200

My apologies for cross posting to both Dime and AAA.

The Diameter SIP application is in AUTH48 state. The authors have gone 
through one more review of the document, and found an issue that 
requires your review and comments. So please review the issue and 
comment (both agreements and complaints).

Issue 4: The Diameter server must store the SIP server URI received in
the MAR message and return it in the UAA and LIA messages. However the
MAR can be either related to stateless proxy authentication (figure 4) 
or to UA authentication where the proxy remains as main SIP server and 
in the path for signaling (figure 2 and 3). We don't want that in a mix 
scenario a stateless SIP proxy request authentication and overrides with 
its own URI the SIP server assignment in the Diameter server. So we need 
a mechanism for the Diameter server to distinguish to which scenario the 
MAR is related and whether it has to store a SIP server or not.

Our proposal is that the MAR contains a SIP-Server AVP depending on 
whether the SIP server is stateful and pretends to remain in the 
signaling path.

So please comment on this proposal to modify Section 8.7, 2nd paragraph.

Replace OLD:
The MAR command also registers the SIP server's own URI to the
Diameter server, so that future LIR/LIA messages can return this URI.

With NEW:
The MAR command also registers the SIP server's own URI to the
Diameter server, so that future LIR/LIA messages can return this URI.
In scenarios where a SIP server (Diameter client) does not intend to
remain in the signaling path as the main SIP server for that user,
such as the scenario presented in Section 6.4, the Diameter client
(SIP server) MUST NOT include a SIP-Server-URI AVP in the MAR
message. In scenarios where a SIP server (Diameter client) intends to
remain in the signaling path as the main SIP server for that user,
such as the scenarios presented in Sections 6.2 and 6.3, the Diameter
Client (SIP server) MUST include its own SIP URI in the SIP-Server-URI
AVP in the MAR message.

For your convenience, the latest version of the draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-sip-app-12.txt

BR,

     Miguel
-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
sip:[email-masked]
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime