Subject: [Dime] Milestone Update / Rechartering

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 11:43:02 +0100

Hi all,

as stated at the last IETF meeting we need to discuss a milestone update 
in relationship with a rechartering activity.
If you look at the DIME charter page (see 
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dime-charter.html) then you will find 
the following:

Mar 2006 	   	Submit Diameter API to IESG as an information RFC
May 2006 	   	Submit Diameter URI to IESG as an information RFC
Sep 2006 	   	Submit Diameter QoS Application to IESG as a Proposed 
Standard
Sep 2006 	   	Submit Diameter Application Design Guidelines to IESG as 
an informational RFC
Jan 2007 	   	Submit Diameter Base to IESG as a Draft Standard

The WGLC for the Diameter API draft finished and the draft will be 
forwarded to the IESG (together with a PROTO writeup).

As suggested during the last meeting we will remove the Diameter URI 
charter item. The chairs will interact with IANA to get the problem fixed.

We need to update the charter items for the subsequent items to reflect 
reality. Here is a proposal:

July 2007: Submit Diameter QoS Application to IESG as a Proposed Standard
Sep 2007: Submit Diameter Application Design Guidelines to IESG as an 
informational RFC
July 2007: Submit Diameter Base to IESG as a Draft Standard
Aug 2007: Submit Diameter Mobility to IESG as a Draft Standard

As you might have the Diameter Mobility work was, for whatever reason, 
not listed in the milestones.

As soon as we get some work accomplished we might also think about 
adding new work. We saw a lot of contributions for new work and it would 
be useful todo some ranking. Please let us know what you feel about some 
of the submitted documents. The document authors might actually want to 
make it easier for the group by letting us know what their plans 
regarding some of their documents actually are. From the feedback we 
received at the last two DIME meetings we have seen at least some 
interest in the Diameter Auditing work.

Comments?

Deadline for providing input (regarding the milestone update): 18th 
December 2006

Ciao
Hannes & John

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime