Subject: [Dime] Contradicting AVPs in 4006 ?

From: Liyaqatali <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 19:34:13 +0530

Hi All,

I had a couple of questions about the command level AVP's and the
Multiple-service-credit-control AVP.

Suppose a event based CCR, with CHECK_BALANCE as the value in
Requested-Action AVP, is sent by the credit control client to the
server, so, which of the following AVP combinations should be
considered by the server to
check the balance.

-service-identifier AVP at the command level or

-service-identifier AVP(s) in the
Multiple-service-credit-control AVP or

-both of the above AVPs

Similarly,  in the above scenario if the requested-action AVP had
PRICE_ENQUIRY as the AVP value, then wouldn't the service-identifier AVP at the command level and

the Multiple-service-credit-control
AVP be contradicting?

At a higher level, when should the command level AVPs in CCR gain
priority than the Multiple-service-credit-control
AVPs?

I would appreciate if anybody can provide some inputs on this.

--

Regards,
Liyaqatali G Nadaf

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:33:51 -0500

Hi Liyaqatali,

I guess it makes sense to use the values present in
Multiple-Services-Credit-Control AVP if there is a contradiction. I even
would expect Service-Identifier AVP not to be present if multiple services
are used.

BTW, I am not sure whether event based scenarios for CHECK_BALANCE and
PRICE_ENQUIRY can be used with multiple services.
Multiple-Services-Credit-Control AVP does not have
Cost-Information/Check-Balance-Result AVPs. There is of course the wildcard
*[ AVP ], but I would expect these AVPs to be specifically mentioned, if
there was an intention to use them. There are probably not many scenarios,
where multiple parallel event based services are necessary to provide a
"single service experience" from user point of view.

    Thanks,
    Tolga

-----Original Message-----
From: Liyaqatali [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:04 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Dime] Contradicting AVPs in 4006 ?

Hi All,

Suppose a event based CCR, with CHECK_BALANCE as the value in
Requested-Action AVP, is sent by the credit control client to the server,
so, which of the following AVP combinations should be considered by the
server to check the balance.
    -service-identifier AVP at the command level or
    -service-identifier AVP(s) in the Multiple-service-credit-control AVP or
    -both of the above AVPs

Similarly,  in the above scenario if the requested-action AVP had
PRICE_ENQUIRY as the AVP value, then wouldn't the service-identifier AVP at
the command level and
the Multiple-service-credit-control AVP be contradicting?

At a higher level, when should the command level AVPs in CCR gain priority
than the Multiple-service-credit-control AVPs?

--

Regards,
Liyaqatali G Nadaf

---

From: Liyaqatali <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:40:37 +0530

Hi Tolga,

Thanks for your response.

Well, I agree with you that Service-Identifier AVP should not be
present, if multiple services are used, but apparently, this isn't
mentioned in the RFC hence I was a bit confused.
I also agree that there may not be many scenarios where multiple
parallel event based services are necessary
but the reason I considered event based services is because it clearly
brings out the contradiction.

I also feel that conditional AVPs should be mentioned in the RFC like
the way the presence of Subscription-Id AVP is mentioned in most of the
sections of the RFC because these are optional AVPs at the command
level.

I was wondering, Is there a reason why it isn't explicitly mentioned in
the RFC?

Regards,
Liyaqatali G Nadaf

Tolga Asveren wrote:

Hi Liyaqatali,

Thanks,
Tolga

-----Original Message-----
From: Liyaqatali [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:04 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Dime] Contradicting AVPs in 4006 ?

Hi All,

--

Regards,
Liyaqatali G Nadaf