Subject: [Dime] Mistakes in standards?

From: "Gil Shafran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 09:31:52 +0200

Hi,

I've found few mismatches of command and AVP definitions, both in base
diameter and 3GPP standards. Two examples:
- In rfc 3588, section 6.11 defines:

   <Vendor-Specific-Application-Id> ::= < AVP Header: 260 >

                                     1* [ Vendor-Id ]

                                     0*1{ Auth-Application-Id }

                                     0*1{ Acct-Application-Id }

This definition contradicts the definition of grouped AVP (section 4.4),
since optional AVP comes before required AVPs. There also shouldn't be
parenthesis around the grouped AVP name.

- In 29229-740 section 6.1.1, optional AVPs come before required AVPs
(Supported-Features AVP before Public-Identity AVP) as defined in rfc 3588
section 3.2.

Can anyone tell me if these are mistakes?

Regards,

Gil
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime