Subject: [Dime] MIP6 NAS-HAAA issue #2

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:26:47 +0100

As mentioned in the Dime WG meeting here is some background and 
proposal for the presented issue #2. So this is about capability
announcement AVP and local HA allocation/authorization:

 o in DER/AAR the ASP/NAS needs to have a mechanism to indicate
   it has a local HA that could be allocated for the MN.

 o in DEA/AAA the MSA(/MSP) needs to be able to return its own
   HA info as well as authorize the ASP/NAS proposed HA.

Currently this scenario does not work too well in -03.

Proposal 1)

For the above situation we probably need an explicit AVP to ask
and grant authorization of the local HA in the ASP. This approach
does not, however, work too well if the ASP/NAS has multiple
local HAs that it wants to be authorized.

Proposal 2)

Another proposal that I have been thinking uses the implicit
capability signaling we have currently in -03. Just put all
local HA infos into MIP6 bootstrapping AVPs. The MSA returns
those back in DEA/AAA that are authorized and if needed the
MSA also includes its own HA infos.

For the case when ASP/NAS does not have a local HA to propose
the DER/AAR would for example just contain a HA address AVP
with unspecified ::/128 address.

Now I would like to ask from the WG which way would be better.
Or is there yet another solution that should be considered?

Cheers,
	Jouni

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: "Gerardo Giaretta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:31:52 +0100

Hi Jouni,

one question: why would the MSA need to authorize a specific local HA?
I guess that the MSA will authorize a local HA assignment based on
user's profile; I see the assignment of a specific HA among the
possible local HAs as something that is controlled by the ASP/MSP.

Can you give me some examples you have in mind that needs the
authorization of an explicit local HA?

Thanks,
--Gerardo