Subject: [Dime] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 14:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Home Agent to Diameter Server Interaction
	Author(s)       : J. Korhonen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-05.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2007-09-29

Mobile IPv6 deployments may want to bootstrap their operations
dynamically based on an interaction between the Home Agent and the
Diameter server of the Mobile Service Provider (MSP).  This document
specifies the interaction between a Mobile IP Home Agent and the
Diameter server.

Several different mechanisms for authenticating a Mobile Node are
supported.  The usage of the Internet Key Exchange v2 (IKEv2)
protocol allows different mechanisms, such as the Extensible
Authentication Protocol (EAP), certificates and pre-shared secrets in
IKEv2 to be used.  Furthermore, another method makes use of the
Mobile IPv6 Authentication protocol.  In addition to authentication
authorization, the configuration of Mobile IPv6 specific parameters
and accounting is specified in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-05.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To From [email-masked] Sat Sep 29 14:50:55 2007
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 14:50:02 -0400
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Dime] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-05.txt 
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Home Agent to Diameter Server Interaction
	Author(s)       : J. Korhonen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-05.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2007-09-29

Mobile IPv6 deployments may want to bootstrap their operations
dynamically based on an interaction between the Home Agent and the
Diameter server of the Mobile Service Provider (MSP).  This document
specifies the interaction between a Mobile IP Home Agent and the
Diameter server.

Several different mechanisms for authenticating a Mobile Node are
supported.  The usage of the Internet Key Exchange v2 (IKEv2)
protocol allows different mechanisms, such as the Extensible
Authentication Protocol (EAP), certificates and pre-shared secrets in
IKEv2 to be used.  Furthermore, another method makes use of the
Mobile IPv6 Authentication protocol.  In addition to authentication
authorization, the configuration of Mobile IPv6 specific parameters
and accounting is specified in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-05.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 09:57:57 +0200

FYI. Quick summary of changes:

 o text for IKEv2 with certificate based mobile node
   authentication added

 o text for IKEv2 with pre-shared key based mobile node
   authentication added

 o RFC4285  support reworked, including few new AVPs so
   that the job gets done (it is now adequate for 3GPP2
   usage of the auth option. WiMAX one needs to be still
   verified)

 o AVP tables are now up to date

 o a lot of small text tweaks here and there 

I encourage people with interest and connections to
"interest" SDOs to review the I-D, especially for the
RFC4285 part.

Cheers,
	Jouni

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2007 9:50 PM
> 	Title           : Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for 
> Home Agent to Diameter Server Interaction
> Mobile IPv6 deployments may want to bootstrap their 
> operations dynamically based on an interaction between the 
> Home Agent and the Diameter server of the Mobile Service 
> Provider (MSP).  This document specifies the interaction 
> between a Mobile IP Home Agent and the Diameter server.
> 
> Several different mechanisms for authenticating a Mobile Node 
> are supported.  The usage of the Internet Key Exchange v2 
> (IKEv2) protocol allows different mechanisms, such as the 
> Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), certificates and 
> pre-shared secrets in
> IKEv2 to be used.  Furthermore, another method makes use of 
> the Mobile IPv6 Authentication protocol.  In addition to 
> authentication authorization, the configuration of Mobile 
> IPv6 specific parameters and accounting is specified in this document.
>