Subject: [Dime] Need some clarification on RAR from CCR

From: "Balamurugan T, TLS-Chennai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:57:45 +0530

Hi All,

     In RFC4006, the CC client FSM has some State records to process
incoming RAR. But in CC server FSm, no state record to send RAR.

   "5.5.  Server-Initiated Credit Re-Authorization

   The Diameter credit-control application supports server-initiated
   re-authorization.  The credit-control server MAY optionally initiate
   the credit re-authorization by issuing a Re-Auth-Request (RAR) as
   defined in the Diameter base protocol [DIAMBASE].  The Auth-
   Application-Id in the RAR message is set to 4 to indicate Diameter
   Credit Control, and the Re-Auth-Request-Type is set to
   AUTHORIZE_ONLY."

  Can any one give some real time scenario to send the re-auth-request.

Regards,
Bala

DISCLAIMER:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in 
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of 
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have 
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and 
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime