Subject: [Dime] Clarification regarding "Change in rating contition"

From: "Balamurugan T, TLS-Chennai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 12:04:09 +0530

Hi All,

    I need one clarification on Credit control client fsm in RFC4006.
The Fsm has one event named "Change in rating condition". What is the
difference between Tariff-Change and "Change in rating condition"?
   Can any one give some mapping between the above events and prepaid
credit control.

Thanks,
Bala

DISCLAIMER:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in 
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of 
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have 
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and 
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: Preeti Shandilya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 16:31:03 +0530

Hi !

'Change in rating condition' is an event identified in the client state 
machine while Tariff-Change-Usage is an  is an AVP. State machine 
indicates that if there is any change in the tariff before the response is 
received from server for the first interrogation request, same should be 
queued and when response for the request is received from server for first 
interrogation request, client should send update request immediately for 
the queued request .

Hope this clarifies

regards
Preeti.

"Balamurugan T, TLS-Chennai" <[email-masked]> 
12/03/2007 12:04 PM

To
<[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
[Dime] Clarification regarding "Change in rating contition"

Hi All,
    I need one clarification on Credit control client fsm in RFC4006. The 
Fsm has one event named ?Change in rating condition?. What is the 
difference between Tariff-Change and ?Change in rating condition??
   Can any one give some mapping between the above events and prepaid 
credit control.
Thanks,
Bala

DISCLAIMER:

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and 
intended for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its 
affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in 
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect 
the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, 
modification, distribution and / or publication of 
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this 
e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have 
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender 
immediately. Before opening any mail and 
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

***********************  Aricent-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent  and is intended solely for the use of 
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be 
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, 
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for 
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: "Balamurugan T, TLS-Chennai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 17:07:44 +0530

Hi Preeti,

Thanks for your reply.

Please see my doubt inline.

Regards,

Bala

________________________________

From: Preeti Shandilya [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 4:31 PM
To: Balamurugan T, TLS-Chennai
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Dime] Clarification regarding "Change in rating contition"

Hi ! 

'Change in rating condition' is an event identified in the client state
machine while Tariff-Change-Usage is an  is an AVP. 

{If there is a Tariff change, the CCS will send the tariff-time-change
avp in first interrogation answer. So, the client will include the
tariff-change-usage AVP in next update request. }

But in client FSM," rating condition change" comes in PendingI state. Is
this possible?

State machine indicates that if there is any change in the tariff before
the response is received from server for the first interrogation
request, same should be queued and when response for the request is
received from server for first interrogation request, client should send
update request immediately for the queued request . 

Hope this clarifies 

regards 
Preeti. 

12/03/2007 12:04 PM 

To

<[email-masked]> 

cc

Subject

 

Hi All, 

Thanks, 

Bala 

DISCLAIMER:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily
reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent  and is intended
solely for the use of 
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or
confidential information and should not be 
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended.
If you have received this message in error, 
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of
this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for 
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by
this email including damage from virus."

---

From: Preeti Shandilya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 17:26:24 +0530

Hi !

Client  provides the rating inputs to server using service parameter info 
AVP or someother application specific AVP. These rating AVPs map to the 
services requested by the client. It is possible that before the server 
provides authorization based upon the rating inputs in CCR message, few 
rating conditions have got changed (may be due to user cancelled the one 
of the requested service). In that case , this shall attribute to change 
in rating condition.

So 'change in rating condition' does not indicate 'change in rating'

Hope this answers your doubt.

regards
Preeti

12/03/2007 05:07 PM

To
Preeti Shandilya/HSS@HSS
cc
[email-masked]
Subject
RE: [Dime] Clarification regarding "Change in rating contition"

Hi Preeti,
 
Thanks for your reply.
 
Regards,
Bala

Hi ! 

'Change in rating condition' is an event identified in the client state 
machine while Tariff-Change-Usage is an  is an AVP. 
{If there is a Tariff change, the CCS will send the tariff-time-change avp 
in first interrogation answer. So, the client will include the 
tariff-change-usage AVP in next update request. }
But in client FSM,? rating condition change? comes in PendingI state. Is 
this possible?
State machine indicates that if there is any change in the tariff before 
the response is received from server for the first interrogation request, 
same should be queued and when response for the request is received from 
server for first interrogation request, client should send update request 
immediately for the queued request . 

Hope this clarifies 

regards 
Preeti. 

To
<[email-masked]> 
cc
 
Subject

Hi All, 

DISCLAIMER:

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent  and is intended 
solely for the use of 
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or 
confidential information and should not be 
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If 
you have received this message in error, 
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended 
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of 
this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for 
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this 
email including damage from virus."
 _______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime