Subject: [Dime] FW: I-D Action:draft-brenner-dime-peem-00.txt

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:10:55 +0100

The following Internet-Draft was submitted and its editor requested to
be published as an Area Director-sponsored Informational RFC. 

Please provide your comments until December 24, 2007. 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2007 4:40 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-brenner-dime-peem-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Diameter Policy Processing Application
	Author(s)       : M. Brenner
	Filename        : draft-brenner-dime-peem-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2007-12-15

This document describes the Diameter protocol application used for
invocation of Policy Processing (Policy Evaluation, or Evaluation and
Enforcement).  This application is needed as one of the implementations
of the Open Mobile Aliance (OMA) Policy Evaluation, Enforcement and
Management (PEEM) enabler, namely for the PEM-1 interface used to send a
request/responses for Policy Processing.
When combined with the Diameter Base protocol, this application
specification satisfies the OMA PEEM requirements for sending a request
for policy processing and receiving a response with the policy
processing result.

The Diameter realization of this application assumes the use of Diameter
Base protocol, as per RFC 3588, and extends it only for the with an
application using a vendor-id, a vendor-specific application ID, a new
Command Code, and a new AVP defined in the vendor-specific namespace.
Input to policy processing are being passed through a new AVP, and
policy results are being passed through a combination of the same new
AVP, and the Experimental-Result AVP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brenner-dime-peem-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-brenner-dime-peem-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-brenner-dime-peem-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime