Subject: [Dime] Design Team on Diameter Extensibility

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:28:11 +0200

The DIME chairs in discussion with our AD decided to create a design 
team with the intention to revisit the rules for Diameter extensibility 
(as described in RFC 3588, RFC 3588bis and the Diameter Design 
Guidelines document) to come up with a precise and short description on 
how Diameter has to be extended (considering backwards compatibility 
issues etc.).  

The design team members are:

* Avi Lior
* Jari Arkko
* Glen Zorn
* Victor Fajardo
* Tolga Asveren
* Mark Jones

I am still waiting for a time commitment from Glenn McGregor and John 
Loughney.

The design team is lead by the working group chairs: Dave Frascone and 
Hannes Tschofenig

The design team will have regular phone conferences (starting with next 
week) and will have a face-to-face meeting at IETF#71.

We hope to conclude our investigations soon to present a proposal for 
further discussion to the DIME working group.

Ciao
Hannes

PS: The rules for design teams are described in 
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/Design-Teams.txt

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime