Subject: [Dime] Invitation to join IETF proxy mailing list

From: Katrin Hoeper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:15:54 -0400

Hi,

Security problems related to network proxies persistently come up in 
several IETF WGs and may affect the security of existing IETF network 
solutions while slowing down the progress of some current Internet Drafts.

For this reason, Tim Polk and I organized an informal meeting in 
Philadelphia at IETF 71 to discuss these so-called "proxy problems" 
and their implications. As a
result of our meeting, a proxy email list was created to further 
investigate the proxy problems.

We decided to use AAA proxies as a starting point for our discussion 
on the list. The long-term (and ideal) goal could be to extend the 
results of the AAA proxy discussion in order to address proxy-related 
security issues in general. However, for now we will focus on AAA proxies.

This email serves as an invitation for anybody interested to join our 
discussions on the list.
Please subscribe at: 
<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/proxies>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/proxies

Best regards,
Katrin Hoeper

----------
Katrin Hoeper
Computer Security Division
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
100 Bureau Dr. Mail stop: 8930
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
(301) 975 - 4024
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime