Subject: [Dime] Rechartering Work Items

From: "David Frascone" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:51:54 -0400

Dime Rechartering

In the interest of rechartering, we spent a good deal of the meeting
yesterday discussing new work.  Based on in-room feedback we have come up
with some suggestions.  But, this is just a starting point.  We still need
responses from people on the list, in order to ratify a new agenda.

The following drafts were briefly presented by the chairs:

   -    draft-asveren-dime-cong-03.txt
   -    draft-zorn-dime-diameter-base-protocol-mib
   -    draft-zorn-dime-diameter-cc-appl-mib
   -    draft-tsou-dime-capabilities-update-problem-statement
   -    draft-morariu-dime-grid-accounting
   -    draft-bodin-dime-auditing-reqs
   -    draft-asveren-dime-state-recovery
   -    draft-tsou-dime-base-routing-ext
   -    draft-mccann-dime-rfc4004bis
   -    draft-sarikaya-dimeradext-prefix-auth-ps-00.txt
   -    draft-neumann-dime-webauth
   -    draft-stupar-dime-mos-options
   -    draft-dondeti-dime-erp-diameter
   -    draft-korhonen-dime-nai-routing
   -    draft-korhonen-dime-pmip6

Based on in-room volunteers / interest, we have tentatively come up with the
following list of work items:

   - We will ask operators, other working groups, and SDO's for input on the
   MIBs defined in :
      - draft-zorn-dime-diameter-base-protocol-mib
         - draft-zorn-dime-diameter-cc-appl-mib
      - Hopefully with some real-world implementers input, our MIBs will be
      more useful.
   - The problem described in
   draft-tsou-dime-capabilities-update-problem-statement should be covered by
   3588bis.  We need people to carefully review the CER/CEA section and make
   sure that there are no technical difficulties with regard to updating
   capabilities.  If there are, then we need to fix it.  Even if there are no
   technical issues, given the level of confusion in the room, the text needs
   to be edited / rewritten to more clearly explain how to update capabilities.
   - There were editors, reviewers, and interest in the following documents;
   we feel that they should be made a new WG items:
      - draft-dondeti-dime-erp-diameter
      - draft-korhonen-dime-nai-routing
      - draft-korhonen-dime-pmip6
   - The other drafts seemed to have no interest, editors, or reviewers.  If
   you feel that your draft does have those items, please bring it up on the
   list.

Again -- this list of work is not complete -- please feel free to suggest
new items, or revise this list.  We will make the decision here, on the
list.

-Dave
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime