Subject: [Dime] DIME Status: July 2008

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 16:34:47 +0300

Hi all, 

Here is a short status update for DIME:

* RFC3588bis

The design team was able to produce some recommendations, which are
summarized here: 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dime/current/msg02577.html
For the final submission deadline Victor is going to update the draft. 
The plan is to start WGLC right before or shortly after the meeting. 

* Diameter Application Design Guidelines 

This document will be updated based on the knowledge we gained during
the work in the design team. I believe that this document needs a few
more cycles to get completed since we need to get as much feedback from
other standardization folks as possible to ensure it is really a helpful
document. 

* Diameter API

Dan has provided IESG comments to Dave and he has to submit a new draft
before the publication process can continue. The document is, however,
quite far in the publication status. 

* draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated

Dave has requested publication of this document. The first mail got lost
somehow for some unreaons but now the status is official in the tracker.
After the publication was requested Jouni noticed a few minor issues and
those will be addressed as part of the larger set of IESG comments. 

* draft-ietf-dime-qos-parameters

Dave has requested publication for this one as well. The document was
thrown over the wall to the IESG. 

* draft-ietf-dime-qos-attributes  

This document experienced quite some changes after the 1st WGLC based on
the feedback we got. With the change of the way how data traffic is
being classified I would strongely request folks to read through it so
that we can issue a 2nd WGLC and finish it. 

* draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split

This document is also getting to an end. Jouni submitted -10 just
recently and we are essentially ready for a 2nd WGLC (a short one).
Unfortunately, we ran into this IPR issue and I am soliciting feedback
on the approach we should take with respect to the document:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dime/current/msg02579.html

* draft-ietf-dime-diameter-qos

This document finished WGLC without further comments. Here was the
announcement:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dime/current/msg02462.html

I will re-read the document before Dave sents it to the IESG. 

* draft-sun-dime-itu-t-rw-00.txt

Dan has done an AD review of the document, see
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dime/current/msg02562.html. 

An updated document is needed. 

After the submission deadline is over it would therefore be IMPORTANT to
read the following documents: 
 - RFC 3588bis 
 - Diameter QoS attributes
 - Diameter MIPv6 split scenario document 

Ciao
Hannes
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime