Subject: [Dime] Prefix Delegation & IPR

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:14:46 +0300

I was made aware of an IPR related to prefix delegation and AAA usage. 
It is my responsibility as a WG chair to inform the group about it. I 
suggest that the authors of the IPR (and the draft) make a disclosure.

USING DHCPV6 AND AAA FOR MOBILE STATION PREFIX DELEGATION AND ENHANCED 
NEIGHBOR DISCOVERY

Abstract:

A network component comprising a processor configured to implement a 
method comprising promoting transmission of a request for an address 
prefix to a prefix issuing party, identifying a reply comprising the 
address prefix from the prefix issuing party, and promoting transmission 
of a router advertisement comprising the address prefix to a mobile 
station. Also disclosed is a method comprising receiving a request for 
an Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) prefix, assigning the IPv6 prefix 
to a mobile station, and sending the IPv6 address to the mobile station, 
wherein the method is implemented at a Dynamic Host Configuration 
Protocol (DHCP) server or an Authentication, Authorization and 
Accounting (AAA) server.

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/fetch.jsp?LANG=ENG&DBSELECT=PCT&SERVER_TYPE=19-10&SORT=11243716-KEY&TYPE_FIELD=256&IDB=0&IDOC=86985&C=10&ELEMENT_SET=B&RESULT=1&TOTAL=3&START=1&DISP=25&FORM=SEP-0/HITNUM,B-ENG,DP,MC,AN,PA,ABSUM-ENG&SEARCH_IA=CN2007070031&QUERY=%28FP%2fPrefix+AND+FP%2fdelegation%29+
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime