Subject: [Dime] DIME Status Update, July 2008 (#2)

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:00:31 +0300

I wanted to provide another status update during this month to the list 
based on the recent activities in the group.
Here is the copy-and-paste from the webpage:
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/twiki/bin/view/Dime/DimeStatusUpdate

-- RFC3588bis

A working group last call on the document was started.

-- Diameter Application Design Guidelines

The document was updated but needs more input from the group, see my 
mail to the list on the 23rd of July 2008.

-- Diameter API

Dave has to submit a new version to reflect Dan's feedback.

-- draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated

This document is in Publication Requested state.

-- draft-ietf-dime-qos-parameters

This document is in Publication Requested state.

-- draft-ietf-dime-qos-attributes

It would be important to get more feedback on the provided draft update 
since the document went into WGLC for the first time.

-- draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split

There are two issues with this document:

* I reported about the IPR aspect already some time ago, see 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dime/current/msg02579.html

* The security of some of the authentication mechanisms requires special 
attention. I will send a mail to the group and to Jari/Pasi/Dan about 
this issue.

-- draft-ietf-dime-diameter-qos

Tolga provided a review comments and we will discuss it on the list. 
Dave is reading the document so that we can soon ship the updated 
version to the IESG.

-- draft-sun-dime-itu-t-rw-00.txt

The document entered IETF LC, see 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dime/current/msg02670.html

-- Rechartering

We are currently having a rechartering discussion based on the following 
proposals:

    * draft-asveren-dime-cong-03.txt
    * draft-neumann-dime-webauth
    * draft-stupar-dime-mos-options
    * draft-dondeti-dime-erp-diameter
    * draft-korhonen-dime-nai-routing
    * draft-korhonen-dime-pmip6
    * draft-zorn-dime-diameter-base-protocol-mib
    * draft-zorn-dime-diameter-cc-appl-mib
    * draft-sarikaya-dimeradext-prefix-auth-ps-00.txt
    * draft-sarikaya-dime-prefix-delegation-ps

I am not sure about 
draft-tsou-dime-capabilities-update-problem-statement, 
draft-tsou-dime-base-routing-ext, draft-mccann-dime-rfc4004bis, 
draft-morariu-dime-grid-accounting, draft-bodin-dime-auditing-reqs, and 
draft-asveren-dime-state-recovery. The authors of these documents need 
to tell us what they plan todo with them.

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime