Subject: [Dime] Security mechanism in Diameter

From: Sebastien Decugis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:53:31 +0900

Hello,

I have a question regarding the Inband-Security-Id AVP in the CER/CEA 
exchange. I think draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-11 is lacking information 
on the meaning of this AVP when several instances are found in a CER or 
CEA message, as allowed by the ABNF.

For example, if peer A is connecting to peer B, and is able use IPsec 
and TLS to protect the connection to this peer, should it send a CER 
with two Inband-Security-Id AVPs, one with value 0 and one with value 1? 
In that case, if peer B is also able to support both mechanism, what 
should happen?

Thank you for any clarification...

Sebastien.

-- 
Sebastien Decugis
Research fellow
Network Architecture Group
NICT (nict.go.jp)

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime