Subject: [Dime] Diameter Extensibility Design Team: Status Update

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 12:20:13 +0300

Hi all,

in February this year we created a design team to re-visit the Diameter 
extensibility rules. After some discussions and many phone conferences 
it seems that we have reached a tentative conclusion among a fair number 
of the design team members.

I have tried to capture the conclusion on the DIME WG Wiki, see
http://www3.tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/wiki/DiameterExtensibility

I would like to share the tentative result already now with the working 
group so that we can discuss it on the list and publish a more readable 
strawman proposal within the RFC 3588bis and the Diameter Design 
Guidelines documents in time for the draft submission deadlines.

Your comments to these extensibility rules are important. Please take a 
look at them.

This topic will be on our agenda for the next DIME face-to-face meeting.

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime