Subject: [Dime] Absence of User-Name/ Subscription-Id AVP in the Initial CCR

From: Jaya Kumar Satri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:53:11 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
      
  1) The AVPs 'User-Name' and 'Subscription-Id' are optional AVPs according to the ABNF of CCR in rfc 4006. These are the AVPs required to identify the end user.
   
  2) If in the initial CCR, these AVPs are absent. The behaviour of the CC application is not specifed.
   
  3) Had those AVPs been Mandatory, the resultcode 'DIAMETER_MISSING_AVP' can be given in the Answer Message. But as those are optional, what should be done.
   
  How should Application behave in this scenario?
   
  Thanks & Regds.,
  Jaya Kumar.
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: "Gowda, Avinash" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:29:39 +0530

Hi Jaya Kumar,

Please refer RFC3588 Section 9.5. This may answer your question.

Even I am new to RFC4006. So this is just an attempt to discuss the
things.

Thanks,

Avinash Gowda

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Jaya Kumar Satri
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 3:23 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Dime] Absence of User-Name/ Subscription-Id AVP in the Initial
CCR

Hi,

1) The AVPs 'User-Name' and 'Subscription-Id' are optional AVPs
according to the ABNF of CCR in rfc 4006. These are the AVPs required to
identify the end user.

2) If in the initial CCR, these AVPs are absent. The behaviour of the CC
application is not specifed.

3) Had those AVPs been Mandatory, the resultcode 'DIAMETER_MISSING_AVP'
can be given in the Answer Message. But as those are optional, what
should be done.

Thanks & Regds.,

Jaya Kumar.