Subject: [Dime] Conflicting statements in RFC3588 and RFC3539 on Device-Watchdog Timeout.

From: "Gowda, Avinash" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:49:42 +0530

Hi All,

RFC3588 says in Section 5.1 that:

2. Three watchdog messages are exchanged with accepted round trip times,
and the connection to the peer is considered stabilized.

RFC3539 says in Section 3.4.1 [3] that:

Note that where traffic is heavy, the application layer watchdog can
take as long as 2Tw to determine that a peer has gone down. For peers
receiving a high volume of AAA Requests, AAA Responses will continually
reset the timer, so that after a failure it will take Tw for the lack of
traffic to be noticed, and for the watchdog message to be sent. Another
Tw will elapse before failover is initiated.

Which one should be taken into consideration while implementing
Device-Watchdog Timeout?

Please help me to come out of this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Avinash Gowda

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime