Subject: [Dime] FW: Gen-ART review of draft-sun-dime-itu-t-rw-01.txt

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 08:55:50 +0200

DIME WG,

Please take into consideration the following comment from Brian
Carpenter made as part of his review for draft-sun-dime-itu-t-rw-01.txt,
which is for approval on the agenda of the IESG telechat this week.
Comments about Brian's observation and other comments concerning the
document are welcome. 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian E Carpenter [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 1:32 AM
To: General Area Review Team
Cc: Romascanu, Dan (Dan); [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: Gen-ART review of draft-sun-dime-itu-t-rw-01.txt

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-sun-dime-itu-t-rw-01.txt
Reviewer: Brian Carpenter
Review Date: 2008-08-25
IESG Telechat date: 2008-08-28

Summary: Ready

Comments: No issues with this document. However, while reviewing it,
I did discover that the DIAMETER community has systematically
deviated from the statement in the IANA Considerations of RFC3588:

  "Diameter is not intended as a general purpose protocol, and
   allocations SHOULD NOT be made for purposes unrelated to
   authentication, authorization or accounting."

It seems that numerous allocations have in fact been made outside the
scope
of AAA (strictly interpreted). I suggest that draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis
needs to discuss this rather than just leaving the "SHOULD NOT"
untouched.

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:01:10 +0300

There was a discussion with Brian following his review comments. Here is
the link to the discussion: 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gen-art/current/msg03213.html

Ciao
Hannes

>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
>Behalf Of ext Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
>Sent: 25 August, 2008 09:56
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [Dime] FW: Gen-ART review of draft-sun-dime-itu-t-rw-01.txt
>
>DIME WG,
>
>Please take into consideration the following comment from 
>Brian Carpenter made as part of his review for 
>draft-sun-dime-itu-t-rw-01.txt, which is for approval on the 
>agenda of the IESG telechat this week.
>Comments about Brian's observation and other comments 
>concerning the document are welcome. 
>
>Thanks and Regards,
>
>Dan
>  
>