Subject: [Dime] Failback first message

From: Sebastien Decugis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 18:09:24 +0900

Hello,

In the failback mechanism of Diameter, it is unclear from the 
specification what must be the first message exchanged with the 
re-opened peer. The detail of the problem follow:

 - From RFC3539 (Transport Profile) that defines the algorithm of 
failover/failback detection:
"If the
connection is successfully opened, then the watchdog message is
sent. Once three watchdog messages have been sent and responded
to, the connection is returned to service, and transactions are
once again sent over it."

- From the Diameter draft, in section 5.6 (Peer State Machine):
" A CER message is always sent on the initiating connection immediately
 after the connection request is successfully completed."

Furthermore, the same draft claims that:
"This state machine is closely coupled with the state machine
described in [RFC3539 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3539>], which is 
used to open, close, failover,
probe, and reopen transport connections."
but the states from that RFC are not represented in the peer state 
machine (suspect, closed, reopen), leading to my confusion...

Can someone tell me what is supposed to happen after a transport 
connection has been shut down because of failure, and then 
re-established? And what about interaction with TLS?

Thank in advance for any information...
Sebastien.
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime