Subject: [Dime] AD Review of draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated-09.txt

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 16:56:51 +0200

I have reviewed the I-D and I believe that it is in good shape, clear
and well written. I have only two issues, and although at least one of
them is critical and both will require I believe edits I suggest that we
send this document to IETF Last Call while considering my comments
together with other comments that may result from the IETF Last Call. 

Here are my two comments: 

1. Section 7.2 includes the following: 

   Following the policies outlined in [1] new values with a description
   of their semantic for usage with the MIP6-Feature-Vector AVP together
   with a Token will be assigned after Expert Review initiated by the
   O&M Area Directors in consultation with the DIME working group chairs
   or the working group chairs of a designated successor working group.
   Updates can be provided based on expert approval only.  A designated
   expert will be appointed by the O&M Area Directors.  No mechanism to
   mark entries as "deprecated" is envisioned.  Based on expert approval
   it is possible to delete entries from the registry. 

[1] is RFC 3775 which says nothing about a registry for mobility
capability, and does not recommend Expert Review policy for any other
registry. The document needs to find another reference, or synchronize
the policy with what is recommended in 3775. 

In any case, if Expert Review policy is applied, I do not see the need
to involve the O&M area directors or the DIME or successors of DIME in
initiating a review. As in many other cases I expect that requests will
be sent to IANA for new entries in the capabilities registry, and IANA
will forward them to the designated expert. Following standard
procedures is always better unless there are good reasons to invent
something new. 

2. Section 2 mentions reference [8] as the source for the additional
terms. In reality only the first four terms are borrowed from [8] (which
is RFC 4640) while the rest may have different sources or are defined
here. Please correct this. 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan
 
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:16:19 +0200

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the review. See some replies inline.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
> Sent: 26. elokuuta 2008 17:57
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Dime] AD Review of draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated-09.txt
> 
> 

Right. We need to fix this. I'll propose new text here shortly.

> initiating a review. As in many other cases I expect that 

Ok.

> requests will

Right. 

> here. Please correct this. 

Good catch. We'll fix this.

Cheers,
	Jouni