Subject: [Dime] Diameter ERP new proposal

From: Sebastien Decugis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:01:19 +0900

Hello DIME and HOKEY members,

Following the recent discussions about an alternative design for
Diameter ERP support, I have written a small proposal for a new design [1].

In a row, we use a new Diameter application (Diameter ERP) and DER/DEA
commands to transport ERP messages between the authenticator and the ER
server.
We also describe how Diameter EAP application and DER/DEA commands can
be used between ER server and home EAP server, but other options are
allowed.

The document is not a "clean" Internet-Draft, its purpose is to get
feedback from the groups on this design.
If the feedback is positive then this design will be used for
draft-ietf-dime-erp-01.

If you are interested in ERP and Diameter, please read this before next
IETF meeting (#74) so that we can have an informed discussion.

[1]
http://aaa.koganei.wide.ad.jp/hg/erp_draft/raw-file/tip/New_ERP_draft.txt

Best regards,
Sebastien.

-- 
Sebastien Decugis
Research fellow
Network Architecture Group
NICT (nict.go.jp)