Subject: [Dime] FW: Protocol Action: 'Traffic Classification and Quality ofService Attributes for Diameter' to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:03:57 +0100

Congratulations!

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
The IESG
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2009 7:48 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; dime mailing list; dime chair; RFC
Editor
Subject: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'Traffic Classification and Quality
ofService Attributes for Diameter' to Proposed Standard

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Traffic Classification and Quality of Service Attributes for Diameter
'
   <draft-ietf-dime-qos-attributes-15.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-qos-attributes-15.tx
t

Technical Summary

This document specifies a set of AVPs that is used to carry QoS rules
and parameters so that a Diameteter application that needs QoS support
can signal them. Information contained in these AVPs are to be
interpreted and consumed by QoS classifying entities. The Rule-Set AVP
is intended to replace the IPFilterRule AVP defined in RFC 3588. It
provides a clear and more extensible format than the original text based
approach provided by IPFilterRule.

The AVPs defined in this document are designed to be general enough to
fit both PUSH and PULL QoS signalling models. The document provides
examples on how both models are accomplished using existing Diameter
applications.

Working Group Summary

There was consensus in the WG to publish the document.

Document Quality

The document has been sent for review to TSVWG and RADEXT. This document
defines a core component of a Network Operators QoS architecture and
thus have gone through a long review process both within DIME WG and
outside of it. It has also traversed several re-start iteration before
its current acceptable state.

Personnel

Victor Fajardo is the Document Shepherd for this document. Dan Romascanu
is the Responsible Area Director.

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:53:52 +0200

Thanks, Dan. 

The progress on this document will now unblock two other specifications,
namely http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-17.txt and
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-dime-pmip6-04.txt.  

Ciao
Hannes

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
ext Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
Sent: 22 December, 2009 15:04
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Dime] FW: Protocol Action: 'Traffic Classification and
QualityofService Attributes for Diameter' to Proposed Standard

 Congratulations!

Dan

-----Original Message-----

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Document Quality

Personnel