Subject: [Dime] FW: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC4072 (1956)

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 14:48:58 +0100

DIME WG,

Please advice concerning this errata. 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: RFC Errata System [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 4:27 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
Romascanu, Dan (Dan); [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC4072 (1956)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC4072, "Diameter
Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Application".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4072&eid=1956

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.1.4

Original Text
-------------
In addition, the home Diameter server SHOULD include this AVP in
Diameter-EAP-Response only if an empty EAP-Key-Name AVP was present in
Diameter-EAP-Request.

Corrected Text
--------------
In addition, the home Diameter server SHOULD include this AVP in the
Diameter-EAP-Answer message only if an empty EAP-Key-Name AVP was
present in the corresponding Diameter-EAP-Request.

Notes
-----
There's no such thing as a "Diameter-EAP-Response" message; the
rephrasing is for purposes of clarification.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC4072 (draft-ietf-aaa-eap-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Diameter Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
Application
Publication Date    : August 2005
Author(s)           : P. Eronen, Ed., T. Hiller, G. Zorn
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Authentication, Authorization and Accounting
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG