Subject: [Dime] Clarification on sending CER on Open connection with SCTP association restart

From: chandu valesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 23:47:07 +0530

Hello all,

I have a query/doubt on below section of RFC 6733:

1.1.3 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6733#section-1.1.3>. Changes from
RFC 3588 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3588>:

" Deprecated the exchange of CER/CEA messages in the open state.

      This feature was implied in the peer state machine table of RFC
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3588>
      3588 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3588>, but it was not
clearly defined anywhere else in that
      document."

Scenario: In case a diameter node using SCTP association and does a restart
procedure  according to RFC 4960, section 5.2.4.1.
Can the node (the one restarted the association) send  CER on the
association?

>From the above RFC-6733 description it looks to me that the node which
restart  the association should not send CER, is my understanding correct?

please comment on this!

Thanks and best regards,
Chandu Valesh