Subject: [Dime] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-donovan-dime-drmp-00.txt

From: Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 10:52:58 -0600

All,

I have submitted a draft proposing work on defining Diameter routing 
message priority.  The primary use case for the draft is to give the 
ability to mark different requests with different priorities, giving 
Diameter nodes making DOIC throttling decisions additional information 
on which requests should be throttled first.

The draft outlines a number of considerations on the design of the 
mechanism, should the working group decide to take on the work.

I will be requesting adding this as a DIME working group milestone at 
the Dallas IETF meeting.

Regards,

Steve

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-donovan-dime-drmp-00.txt
Date: 	Fri, 06 Mar 2015 08:47:36 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>, Steve Donovan 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-donovan-dime-drmp-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Steve Donovan and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-donovan-dime-drmp
Revision:	00
Title:		Diameter Routing Message Priority
Document date:	2015-03-06
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		11
URL:            http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-donovan-dime-drmp-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-donovan-dime-drmp/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-donovan-dime-drmp-00

Abstract:
    When making routing and resource allocation decisions, Diameter nodes
    currently have no generic mechanism to determine the relative
    priority of Diameter requests.  This document defines a mechanism to
    allow Diameter endpoints to indicate the relative priority of
    Diameter requests/transactions/messages.  With this information
    Diameter nodes can factor the relative priority of
    requests/transactions/messages into routing, resource allocation and
    overload abatement decisions.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat