Subject: [Dime] RFC 7678 on Attribute-Value Pairs for Provisioning Customer Equipment Supporting IPv4-Over-IPv6 Transitional Solutions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 14:37:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7678

        Title:      Attribute-Value Pairs for Provisioning Customer 
                    Equipment Supporting IPv4-Over-IPv6 Transitional
                    Solutions 
        Author:     C. Zhou, T. Taylor,
                    Q. Sun, M. Boucadair
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 49074
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dime-4over6-provisioning-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7678

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7678

During the transition from IPv4 to IPv6, customer equipment may have
to support one of the various transition methods that have been
defined for carrying IPv4 packets over IPv6.  This document
enumerates the information that needs to be provisioned on a customer
edge router to support a list of transition techniques based on
tunneling IPv4 in IPv6, with a view to defining reusable components
for a reasonable transition path between these techniques.  To the
extent that the provisioning is done dynamically, Authentication,
Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) support is needed to provide the
information to the network server responsible for passing the
information to the customer equipment.  This document specifies
Diameter (RFC 6733) Attribute-Value Pairs (AVPs) to be used for that
purpose.

This document is a product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC