Subject: [Dime] New DRMP draft

From: Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 15:32:51 -0600

All,

I have submitted a version -02 of the DRMP draft.  It can be found here:

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-dime-drmp-02.txt

I believe that this contains all of the agree changes.

I have attached a diff file showing the changes from -01 to -02.

I used the following text to reflect discussions on the default value:

---

    Diameter nodes MUST have a default priority to apply to transactions
    that do not have an explicit priority set in the DRMP AVP.

    Diameter nodes SHOULD use the PRIORITY_10 priority as this default
    value.

    Diameter nodes MUST support the ability for the default priority to
    be modified through local configuration interfaces.

       Note: There are scenarios where operators might want to specify a
       different default value for transactions that do not have an
       explicit priority.  In this case, the operator defined local
       policy would override the use of PRIORITY_10 as the default
       priority.

    When using DRMP priority information, Diameter nodes MUST use the
    default priority for transactions that do not have priority specified
    in a DRMP AVP.

       Note: This guidance on the handling of messages without a priority
       does not result in a Diameter agent inserting a DRMP AVP into the
       message.  Rather, it gives guidance on how that specific
       transaction should be treated when its priority is compared with
       other requests.  When a Diameter agent relays the request it will
       not insert a DRMP AVP with a priority value of 10.

---

Regards,

Steve