Subject: [Dime] DRMP draft v2 - typos

From: Maria Cruz Bartolome <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 01:17:34 +0000

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the new version of this draft.
See two small typos, for your consideration:

Clause 6:
...
   4.  Answer sender - The handler of the request is also the sender of
       the answer.  The answer sender uses the priority information
       received in the request message when sending the answer.  This
       implies that answers for higher priority transactions are given
       preferential treatment to lower priority transactions.  The
       answer sender also has the option of including priority
       information in the answer message.  This is done **what**  the answer
       message needs to have a different priority than the priority
       carried in the request message.

I presume **what** needs to be replaced by **when**.

Clause 8: 
...
   Diameter nodes MUST have a default priority to apply to transactions
   that do not have an explicit priority set in the DRMP AVP.

   Diameter nodes SHOULD use the PRIORITY_10 priority as this default
   value.

   Diameter nodes MUST support the ability for the default priority to
   be modified through local configuration interfaces.

      Note: There are scenarios where operators might want to specify a
      different default value for transactions that do not have an
      explicit priority.  In this case, the operator defined local
      policy would override the use of PRIORITY_10 as the default
      priority.

  ** When using DRMP priority information, Diameter nodes MUST use the
   default priority for transactions that do not have priority specified
   in a DRMP AVP. **

      Note: This guidance on the handling of messages without a priority
      does not result in a Diameter agent inserting a DRMP AVP into the
      message.  Rather, it gives guidance on how that specific
      transaction should be treated when its priority is compared with
     other requests.  When a Diameter agent relays the request it will
      not insert a DRMP AVP with a priority value of 10.

I think paragraph I marked between ** needs to be removed. It is already covered with previous paragraphs.

Best regards
/MCruz

---

From: Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 07:52:49 -0600

Maria Cruz,

You are correct in both cases.  These change will be reflected in the 
next revision of the draft.

Regards,

Steve

On 11/16/15 7:17 PM, Maria Cruz Bartolome wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> DiME mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime