Subject: [Dime] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7683 (5278)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 02:56:01 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7683,
"Diameter Overload Indication Conveyance".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5278

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Lionel Morand <[email-masked]>

Section: 9.2

Original Text
-------------
9.2.  New Registries

   Two new registries have been created in the "AVP Specific Values"
   sub-registry under the "Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
   (AAA) Parameters" registry.

   A new "OC-Feature-Vector AVP Values (code 622)" registry has been
   created.  This registry contains the following:

      Feature Vector Value Name

      Feature Vector Value

      Specification defining the new value

   See Section 7.2 for the initial Feature Vector Value in the registry.
   This specification defines the value.  New values can be added to the
   registry using the Specification Required policy [RFC5226].

   A new "OC-Report-Type AVP Values (code 626)" registry has been
   created.  This registry contains the following:

      Report Type Value Name

      Report Type Value

      Specification defining the new value

   See Section 7.6 for the initial assignment in the registry.  New
   types can be added using the Specification Required policy [RFC5226].

Corrected Text
--------------
9.2.  New Registries

   Two new registries have been created in the "AVP Specific Values"
   sub-registry under the "Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
   (AAA) Parameters" registry.

   A new "OC-Feature-Vector AVP Values (code 622)" registry has been
   created.  This registry contains the following:

      Assigned Bit

      Feature Name

      Specification defining the new capability

   See Section 7.2 for the initial assigned bit in the registry.
   This specification defines the capbility announced by the setting of 
   this bit.  New values can be added to the registry using the 
   Specification Required policy [RFC5226].

   A new "OC-Report-Type AVP Values (code 626)" registry has been
   created.  This registry contains the following:

      Report Type Value Name

      Report Type Value

      Specification defining the new value

   See Section 7.6 for the initial assignment in the registry.  New
   types can be added using the Specification Required policy [RFC5226].

Notes
-----
This errata report is linked to the following errata report: Errata ID: 5277
The IANA registry created for the OC-Feature-Vector AVP Values (code 622) should only describe the use of the bit assigned to a given feature. There is no AVP value assigned to a given feature. The associated IANA registry should provide a table describing the setting of the bit assigned to a given feature/capability.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7683 (draft-ietf-dime-ovli-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Diameter Overload Indication Conveyance
Publication Date    : October 2015
Author(s)           : J. Korhonen, Ed., S. Donovan, Ed., B. Campbell, L. Morand
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG