Subject: [Dime] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dime-rfc4006bis-07.txt> (Diameter Credit-Control Application) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 18:19:07 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
WG (dime) to consider the following document: - 'Diameter Credit-Control
Application'
  <draft-ietf-dime-rfc4006bis-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-04-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a Diameter application that can be used to
   implement real-time credit-control for a variety of end user services
   such as network access, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) services,
   messaging services, and download services.  The Diameter Credit-
   Control application as defined in this document obsoletes RFC4006,
   and it must be supported by all new Diameter Credit-Control
   Application implementations.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-rfc4006bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-rfc4006bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.