Subject: Re: [Diversity] setting a goal for an inclusive IETF

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 13:45:31 +0100

Hi Jari,

I have gave many feedback on the diversity issue, and I thank you for the
article, I agree with iot totally. I will repeat my comment, that the
design team of diversity SHOULD make clear what is its goals and
milestones, therefore, we can give better feedback, but leaving that hidden
to management, then only the special people listed in your article, I would
prefer that the design team are selected by diversity parameters ( gender,
region, age, necomer-oldcomer, etc). Thanks again,

AB

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Jari Arkko <[email-masked]> wrote:

> We have discussed diversity at the IETF at length. Yesterday, Pete Resnick
> and I wrote an article about what we think the goal for the IETF should be,
> as well as listing some of the early activities that we have taken at the
> IETF. Our goal is making the IETF more inclusive for everyone who needs to
> be working on Internet standards. We are at the beginning, however, and a
> lot of work remains ahead. Here's the article:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/blog/2013/07/a-diverse-ietf/
>
> Also, I wanted to let everyone know that tomorrow in the Administrative
> Plenary, Kathleen Moriarty and Suresh Krishnan will be talking about what
> they have uncovered so far in their efforts in the diversity design team.
> I'm looking very much forward to their report. Their efforts will help us
> understand where we have room to improve - often by much :-) - and what
> kinds of actions we can take to improve our inclusiveness.
>
> Jari
>
>

---

From: Arturo Servin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 15:36:15 +0200

AFAIK anyone can participate. You just have to said "I".

Regards,
as

On 7/31/13 2:45 PM, Abdussalam Baryun wrote:
> I would prefer that the design team are selected by diversity
> parameters ( gender, region, age, necomer-oldcomer, etc). Thanks again,

---

From: "Moriarty, Kathleen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:11:46 -0400

That is correct, the diversity list is open and we will have a summary of suggested initiatives for the design team to research tonight.  To the specific point below, we will do our best to also do outreach to speak with a wide range of people.  

Thank you!
Kathleen 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 31, 2013, at 3:37 PM, "Arturo Servin" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> diversity mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diversity
>