Subject: [Diversity] Acknowledging Participation to include all kind of efforts

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 15:13:49 +0200

I want to state that the IETF is not much giving diversity in
acknowledging participation, it si random done by the editors or well
known people. I feel I was excluded while I participated related to a
draft. The IESG made a decision to agree with editors to not
acknowledge my efforts, even though my input made the draft change. I
feel there is descrimination because I am remote participant, but if I
was known I was to be acknowledged, or I feel that IETF has no way to
notice that people in life are not the same in knowledge and in
reaction.

If some one has disability will that person be excluded as well by the
IETF. It is very strange that IETF is now judging between
participations/efforts while it is claiming that all inputs in IETF is
owned by itself.

The IETF should consider acknowledging participations that review
drafts and made the editors change its ideas. I am disapointed from
the decision that had no diversity considerations.

AB

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 08:46:42 -0700

Hi Abdussalam,
>notice that people in life are not the same in knowledge and in

The appeal was not well-written.

In a message posted in November, 2012, I mentioned the following:

   The problem with treating everyone as equals is that the newcomer has
   the same opportunity as the person who has been attending the IETF
   meetings since a long time.  In practice, newcomers are given a
   slight advantage.  It depends on whom you are dealing with.  The
   suggestion is to be patient with the old people.

Your reply was: "Disagree we are all equal, all should be patient and 
respected people,".

It is strange to say that "people in life are not the same in 
knowledge" after saying "Disagree we are all equal".

Regards,
-sm

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 05:16:35 +0200

Hi SM,

I am always patient with people, but may not with management or
organisations. However, people are equal in rights and opportunitis
but they differ in knowledge, responsibilities and experience in life.
My comments below,

> The appeal was not well-written.

IMHO, that is no excuse. The complain idea is clear and the
ietf-editor discourage problem is clear.

> Your reply was: "Disagree we are all equal, all should be patient and

yes people are equal; man, women, new, old, remote, yung, etc.
yes people may have different experience, knowledge, and life,

> knowledge" after saying "Disagree we are all equal".

No strange, if you read above respond, but the way the IETF that it
claims input-ownership and does not thank used-efforts is strange.
yes people are equal; man, women, new, old, remote, yung, etc.
yes people have different experience, knowledge, and life,
yes people thank each other in life.
No organisations are not equal to people. However, they live longer
and use people to develop, but hopefully they thank who they use.

AB