Subject: Re: [Diversity] Workshop Pre-IETF in America Latina

From: Juliao Braga <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 07:52:24 -0300

Yes, SM. You're right in this observation. But we can't forget there are
other meetings to be held throughout this year, to discuss the
participation of LATAM in the IETF: GTER, Internet Infrastructure Week,
LACNOG, Lacnic and virtual meetings, such as the Alvaro is planning to
precede the IETF 89. Other meetings have been held in recent past. The
Workshop has the main objective to effectively publish papers that in
the future may turn into IETF drafts and little debate (only one day
event was approved).

The IWPIETF will take place along with the biggest event of academic
computing in Brazil (> 2,000 people) and the work of the Workshop will
be published in its annals adding academic value to the effort of the
author.

On the other hand, the Workshop is a first wider experience and we shall
discuss in the next, issues like this that you propose, others one and
the next format.

Thank you,

Juliao

Em 19/02/2014 02:03, S Moonesamy escreveu:
> The program mentions "Presentation of technical papers".  If the
> objective is to increase attendance from Latin America I would suggest
> avoiding long presentations and having more time for discussion.  The
> follow-up is more important and can be very difficult as it requires a
> lot of effort.