Subject: [Diversity] IETF-LAC Announce: Workshop Pre-IETF in America Latina

From: Juliao Braga <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:24:18 -0300

[apologies for cross-postings]

Hi all,

I would like to share the information about an activity for promoting
participation in the IETF from LATAM to be held in one of the most
important technical academic events in Brazil in July 2014.

http://iwpietf.lacnog.org/ (in English, Spanish and Portuguese)

Anyone interested in participating can contact us at [email-masked]
list or privately. All contact information from committee members
contact are included in the webpage.

Best Regards,

Juliao Braga
Local Chair

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 21:03:38 -0800

Hi Juliao,
>http://iwpietf.lacnog.org/ (in English, Spanish and Portuguese)

The program mentions "Presentation of technical papers".  If the 
objective is to increase attendance from Latin America I would 
suggest avoiding long presentations and having more time for 
discussion.  The follow-up is more important and can be very 
difficult as it requires a lot of effort.

Good luck with the workshop.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 14:09:54 +0100

>> http://iwpietf.lacnog.org/ (in English, Spanish and Portuguese)
It will be nice if most IETF participants in that region attend so that
they are interacting with community to encourage.

>
> The program mentions "Presentation of technical papers".  If the objective
> is to increase attendance from Latin America I would suggest avoiding long
> presentations and having more time for discussion.

I agree, but at least 20 minute presentation to give fare information about
IETF to new people.

> The follow-up is more important and can be very difficult as it requires a
> lot of effort.
>
>
If more IETF participants share the effort, it will change from very
difficult to easy or maybe fun. These current efforts are important to IETF
future, but so far the past IETF managements did not look into that
diversity vision.

AB