Subject: [Diversity] SIGCOMM and IETF work RE: v6 adoption

From: Aaron Yi DING <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 23:43:45 +0300

On 23/07/14 22:27, Mark Allman wrote:

A shameless flog as it seems like it could be of interest to some
folks...

Surely relevant!  It benefits both sides to follow up the latest progress,
either via conferences or IETF pipeline.

As part of the work for IETF diversity group, our joint paper between
Cambridge and Helsinki got the best paper award from ACM - "Best of CCR",
and to be presented in ACM SIGCOMM, August 2014:
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2014/program.php

It could be relevant to IETFers, perhaps (including PDF, feedback from ACM
Computing Review and chief editor):
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/yding/acm2014.html

Cheers,
Aaron

 We have been assessing v6 adoption from a bunch of angles lately.  We
have written up a paper on the results of our analysis that will be
presented next month at SIGCOMM.  It is:

    Jakub Czyz, Mark Allman, Jing Zhang, Scott Iekel-Johnson,
    Eric Osterweil, Michael Bailey.  <i>Measuring IPv6 Adoption</i>,
    ACM SIGCOMM, August 2014.  To appear.
    http://www.icir.org/mallman/pubs/CAZ+14/

Comments certainly welcome.

allman

-----------
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~ad707/