Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-ietf-behave-dns64-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:46:54 -0400

Count:      207 

BEHAVE WG                                                     M. Bagnulo
Internet-Draft                                                      UC3M
Intended status: Standards Track                             A. Sullivan
Expires: January 5, 2010                                        Shinkuro
                                                             P. Matthews
                                                          Alcatel-Lucent
                                                          I. van Beijnum
                                                          IMDEA Networks
                                                            July 4, 2009

DNS64: DNS extensions for Network Address Translation from IPv6 Clients
                            to IPv4 Servers
                       draft-ietf-behave-dns64-00

 Abstract
   DNS64 is a mechanism for synthesizing AAAA records from A records.
   DNS64 is used with an IPv6/IPv4 translator to enable client-server
   communication between an IPv6-only client and an IPv4-only server,
   without requiring any changes to either the IPv6 or the IPv4 node,
   for the class of applications that work through NATs.  This document
   specifies DNS64, and provides suggestions on how it should be
   deployed in conjunction with IPv6/IPv4 translators.