Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-02.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:46:54 -0400

Count:       18 

Transport Area Working Group                                   M. Cotton
Internet-Draft                                                     ICANN
Updates: 2780, 4340                                            L. Eggert
(if approved)                                                      Nokia
Intended status: BCP                                           A. Mankin
Expires: February 12, 2010                           Johns Hopkins Univ.
                                                                J. Touch
                                                                 USC/ISI
                                                           M. Westerlund
                                                                Ericsson
                                                         August 11, 2009

Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Procedures for the Management
    of the Transport Protocol Port Number and Service Name Registry
                     draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-02

 Abstract
   This document defines the procedures that the Internet Assigned
   Numbers Authority (IANA) uses when handling registration and other
   requests related to the transport protocol port number and service
   name registry.  It also discusses the rationale and principles behind
   these procedures and how they facilitate the long-term sustainability
   of the registry.

   This document updates RFC2780 by obsoleting Sections 8 and 9.1 of
   that RFC, and it updates the IANA allocation procedures for DCCP as
   defined in RFC4340.