Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-dekok-radext-nai-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:30:00 -0400

Count:       24 

Network Working Group                                  DeKok, Alan (Ed.)
INTERNET-DRAFT                                                FreeRADIUS
Obsoletes: 4282
Category: Standards Track
<draft-dekok-radext-nai-00.txt>
9 September 2009

                     The Network Access Identifier
                       draft-dekok-radext-nai-00

   This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
   provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.  This document may contain material
   from IETF Documents or IETF Contributions published or made publicly
   available before November 10, 2008.  The person(s) controlling the
   copyright in some of this material may not have granted the IETF
   Trust the right to allow modifications of such material outside the
   IETF Standards Process.  Without obtaining an adequate license from
   the person(s) controlling the copyright in such materials, this
   document may not be modified outside the IETF Standards Process, and
   derivative works of it may not be created outside the IETF Standards
   Process, except to format it for publication as an RFC or to
   translate it into languages other than English.

 Abstract
   In order to provide roaming services, it is necessary to have a
   standardized method for identifying users.  This document defines the
   syntax for the Network Access Identifier (NAI), the user identity
   submitted by the client during network authentication.  "Roaming" may
   be loosely defined as the ability to use any one of multiple Internet
   Service Providers (ISPs), while maintaining a formal, customer-vendor
   relationship with only one.  Examples of where roaming capabilities
   might be required include ISP "confederations" and ISP-provided
   corporate network access support.  This document is a revised version
   of RFC 4282, which addresses issues with international character
   sets, as well as a number of other corrections to the previous RFC.