Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-ietf-behave-address-format-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:46:57 -0400

Count:       11 

Network Working Group                                         C. Huitema
Internet-Draft                                     Microsoft Corporation
Obsoletes: 2765 (if approved)                                     C. Bao
Intended status: Standards Track       CERNET Center/Tsinghua University
Expires: February 27, 2010                                    M. Bagnulo
                                                                    UC3M
                                                            M. Boucadair
                                                          France Telecom
                                                                   X. Li
                                       CERNET Center/Tsinghua University
                                                         August 26, 2009

                IPv6 Addressing of IPv4/IPv6 Translators
                draft-ietf-behave-address-format-00.txt

 Abstract
   This document discusses how an individual IPv6 address can be
   algorithmically translated to a corresponding IPv4 address, and vice
   versa, using only statically configured information.  This technique
   is used in IPv4/IPv6 translators, as well as other types of proxies
   and gateways (e.g., for DNS) used in IPv4/IPv6 scenarios.