Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-ietf-dnsext-newzone-notify-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 14:40:00 -0500

Count:       24 DNS Extensions Working Group 								Cindy WANG
Internet Draft		Jian JIN
Intended status: Standard Track		Feng HAN
		Xiaodong LEE
		CNNIC 
Expires: August 7, 2010		February 8, 2010

	A mechanism for synchronization across name servers on zone creation
		draft-ietf-dnsext-newzone-notify-00.txt

 Abstract

This memo describes the NEWZONE_NOTIFY opcode for DNS, by which a 
primary master server advises a set of slave servers that there is a 
zone has been created and that a query should be initiated to 
discover the new zone data.

This draft also specifies a mechanism for the slave servers to 
achieve authenticated synchronization of zone data as well as zone 
synchronization information with the primary when a zone is created 
on the primary.