Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-huang-ipv6cp-options-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 14:40:00 -0500

Count:       16 

Internet Engineering Task Force                                 J. Huang
Internet-Draft                                                 AT&T Labs
Updates: 5072 (if approved)                             February 3, 2010
Intended status: Standards Track
Expires: August 7, 2010

               IPv6CP Options for PPP Host Configuration
                     draft-huang-ipv6cp-options-00

 Abstract

   The Softwire Hub and Spoke Framework document outlines three steps
   for the Softwire Initiator (SI) and PPP peer of the Softwire
   Concentrator (SC) over IPv4 connectivity to be fully configured for
   IPv6 once the PPP session has been established.  For the same
   function over IPv6 connectivity, however, only one additional step is
   needed.  This is because IPv6CP only defines the Interface-Identifier
   option.  This document defines additional host configuration options
   for IPv6CP so that the operational model of IPCP is extended to
   IPv6CP to reduce requirements on the SI and SC.