Subject: [dns-dir] Proposed response to ICANN per dns-dir meeting @ Anaheim

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 15:02:36 -0400

Dear colleagues,

I'm attaching the latest version of a draft response to ICANN's
"synchronized domains" plan.

My understanding is that Olafur has arranged to forward this to the
IESG for their consideration as to whether they will adopt it as an
IESG position.  Given the short timeline, I'd be astonished if they
did.

I've therefore been planning that we'll actually be sending this as a
group of interested IETF DNS people -- i.e. as individuals.  I've
contacted some other people around the DNS community to ask whether
they'll sign.  So far, Paul Hoffman and Paul Vixie have both said yes.
Jim Reid has said yes conditionally; he has to clear it with someone
first.

It would be super if each of you could let me know whether this
response can be sent to ICANN over your name.  I have to travel on
Tuesday, so it would be better if we could post sooner rather than
later.

Thanks,

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.