Subject: [dnssd] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-dnssd-requirements-05: (with COMMENT)

From: "Stephen Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 16:04:33 -0700

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnssd-requirements-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnssd-requirements/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

- section 6 intro: I'm not sure I buy that the set of relevant
threats is only a union as stated. There are often new threats
in new environments.

- 6.6: I think one can also leak private information by
searching in too broad a scope, e.g. if the client can be
fingerprinted allowing re-identification. I think that's
different from the example given, and maybe worth noting too.