Subject: [dnssd] CoRE Resource Directory interop events

From: Christian Amsüss <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 15:04:52 +0000

Hello DNSSD working group,

as pointed out in today's session, there are inteoperability events
planned for the CoRE Resource Directory, which has an integration point
under development with DNSSD in the ietf-core-rd-dns-sd draft.

The first event is being planned for in about two weeks (see thread on
[1]). We will likely not have any RD or RD client that does a DNSSD
export, but nonetheless invite interested parties to join us and have a
look at actual Resource Directories.

There will be a follow-up interop based on the experience gathered in
the first one probably around June, on which I hope to have RD-DNS-SD
implementations as well. The invitation mail for that will go to this
list as well, and I hope to have more experienced DNSSD implementors
participating in that.

Thanks for the input in the meeting, and best regards
Christian

[1]: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/core/x4o88wF_JYUu4oJlZbEM-ZaRhIU

PS: Please keep me in To or Cc when replying, as I am not regularly reading
the dnssd list.

-- 
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to
become right.
  -- Randall Munroe

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 15:08:42 +0000

> list as well, and I hope to have more experienced DNSSD implementors

Thanks for this.   It would be good if this interop could not clash with the Thread meeting in Austin, if possible.   That's June 26-28; probably would be nice to avoid the days around that as well. :)

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 17:34:07 +0000

> On 22 Mar 2018, at 15:08, Ted Lemon <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Seconded. It's likely that the rechartering work discussed today will include some form of wording on collaboration / interoperation with other SD protocols, so any participation from the WG in the event Christian has forwarded would be welcomed by the chairs.

Tim