Subject: [dnssd] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-kaiser-dnssd-bloomfilter-hints-00.txt

From: Daniel KAISER <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 10:08:15 +0100

I just submitted an updated version of the Bloomfilter hinting method I 
described on the mailing list (11/07) as an Internet draft.
If you are interested, I would elaborate and publish a new version.

Kind regards,
Daniel

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-kaiser-dnssd-bloomfilter-hints-00.txt
Date: 	Fri, 16 Nov 2018 09:46:17 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Daniel Kaiser <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-kaiser-dnssd-bloomfilter-hints-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Daniel Kaiser and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-kaiser-dnssd-bloomfilter-hints
Revision: 00
Title: Efficient Hinting for Privacy Preserving DNS-SD using Bloomfilters
Document date: 2018-11-16
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 7
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kaiser-dnssd-bloomfilter-hints-00.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kaiser-dnssd-bloomfilter-hints/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kaiser-dnssd-bloomfilter-hints-00
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kaiser-dnssd-bloomfilter-hints

Abstract:
While DNS-SD over mDNS significantly improves the convenience of
network configuration, parts of the published information may
seriously breach the users' privacy. Currently discussed privacy
extensions either are not efficient in terms of multicast messages
sent, reduce privacy and complicate key revocation by introducing an
1:m pairing system, or use trial encryptions which are inefficient in
terms of necessary computational power.

The method proposed in this document leverages Bloomfilters to
significantly reduce the number of multicast (public) messages for a
DNS-SD privacy extension based on an 1:1 pairing mechanism. This
allows keeping the advantages of both an 1:1 pairing system and a
hinting system that does not require trial encryptions, while
mitigating the main disadvantage: multicast messages sent.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat