Subject: [dnssd] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-huitema-dnssd-tls-privacy-01.txt

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 13:17:06 -0700

I could squeeze in a quick update before the deadline.

The new version fixes an error in Daniel's address, adds details on the
replay attack, and also adds a discussion on "server arrival announce"
that reflects the recent exchange with Bob.

-- Christian Huitema

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for
draft-huitema-dnssd-tls-privacy-01.txt
Date: 	Mon, 11 Mar 2019 12:16:10 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Daniel Kaiser <[email-masked]>, Christian Huitema
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-huitema-dnssd-tls-privacy-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Christian Huitema and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-huitema-dnssd-tls-privacy
Revision: 01
Title: Private Discovery with TLS-ESNI
Document date: 2019-03-11
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 13
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huitema-dnssd-tls-privacy-01.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-huitema-dnssd-tls-privacy/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huitema-dnssd-tls-privacy-01
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-huitema-dnssd-tls-privacy
Diff: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-huitema-dnssd-tls-privacy-01

Abstract:
DNS-SD (DNS Service Discovery) normally discloses information about
both the devices offering services and the devices requesting
services. This information includes host names, network parameters,
and possibly a further description of the corresponding service
instance. Especially when mobile devices engage in DNS Service
Discovery over Multicast DNS at a public hotspot, a serious privacy
problem arises.

We propose to solve this problem by developing a private discovery
profile for UDP based transports using TLS, such as DTLS and QUIC.
The profile is based on using the Encrypted SNI extension. We also
define a standalone private discovery service, that can be combined
with arbitrary applications in the same way as DNS-SD.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat